Release date of Megrez 80II semi-apo

  • pongkemon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2004
      Hi Guys,

      I have ordered Megrez 80II from my local distributor since the beginning
      of Dec. Until now, the distributor told me that they still have no idea
      when the scope will be shipped. I wonder does any one here get any
      news about the scope's release date?

      Cheers,
      Aaron
    • Florent Poiget
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2004
        Hi Aeron,

        I don't know about the Semi-APO version of the Megrez II, but 2
        weeks ago I've ordered a Megrez 80 II Triplet APO at OPT. Mike
        Fowler said me they wait the Triplet APO version very late in
        January or early in February. I suppose the Semi-APO version will be
        there in these same dates.

        Best Regards,

        Florent

        --------------
        CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

        Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

        My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm

        Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
        Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
        William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 II Triplet APO OTAs
        SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pongkemon" <pongkemon@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > I have ordered Megrez 80II from my local distributor since the
        beginning
        > of Dec. Until now, the distributor told me that they still have no
        idea
        > when the scope will be shipped. I wonder does any one here get any
        > news about the scope's release date?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Aaron
      • Markus Ludes
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
          I know from William, he is stocking 20 pc Triplet Apos 80/480, we
          received already a first run,he is getting many more optics next week
          and than again middle of February
          The triplet Apo 80/600 he will have ready by middle of February.

          The Megrez SD II got a coating problem. I received only 1 pc in
          perfect condition. William told me he needs to do recoating due
          supersmall coating spots and he think it delays the shipments till
          middle of February.
          Here in Germany and UK we have already 10 super happy customers of
          the new 80 mm Apo, they unpack the scope and even without looking
          through they fall already in love with it. Its a very hot product
          trust me.
          My own employee and a employee of another german dealer already sold
          here other scopes to get such a super baby.

          What can you expect ? A super nice mechanical package with a lens
          installed, which handles 300 power at some objects without any
          breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400 power at
          douple stars with zero image break down ? No, than wait for your
          Megrez apo, it delivers excactly that.

          best wishes
          Markus

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Florent Poiget" <JEPobs@a...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Aeron,
          >
          > I don't know about the Semi-APO version of the Megrez II, but 2
          > weeks ago I've ordered a Megrez 80 II Triplet APO at OPT. Mike
          > Fowler said me they wait the Triplet APO version very late in
          > January or early in February. I suppose the Semi-APO version will
          be
          > there in these same dates.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          >
          > Florent
          >
          > --------------
          > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao
          >
          > Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE
          >
          > My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm
          >
          > Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
          > Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
          > William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 II Triplet APO OTAs
          > SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pongkemon" <pongkemon@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi Guys,
          > >
          > > I have ordered Megrez 80II from my local distributor since the
          > beginning
          > > of Dec. Until now, the distributor told me that they still have
          no
          > idea
          > > when the scope will be shipped. I wonder does any one here get
          any
          > > news about the scope's release date?
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Aaron
        • Rainer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
            which handles 300 power at some objects without any
            > breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400 power
            at
            > douple stars with zero image break down ?

            I am a beginner and would like to ask what you mean by power? Is it
            magnification eg 480mm focal length divided by the XYZmm of the focal
            length of the eyepiece? for 300power that would mean that I need a
            1.6mm eyepiece and for 400power I need a 1.2mm eyepiece. Am i correct
            or do I mix up something?

            If yes could you recommend some good eyepieces then? I have a Megrez
            80SD and would be happy to get a good eyepiece for 100x magnification.

            regards Rainer
          • Markus Ludes
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rainer" <rsbfoto@r...> wrote:
              > which handles 300 power at some objects without any
              > > breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400
              power
              > at
              > > douple stars with zero image break down ?
              >
              > I am a beginner and would like to ask what you mean by power? Is it
              > magnification eg 480mm focal length divided by the XYZmm of the
              focal
              > length of the eyepiece? for 300power that would mean that I need a
              > 1.6mm eyepiece and for 400power I need a 1.2mm eyepiece. Am i
              correct
              > or do I mix up something?

              you are correct, but as you know such eyepiece does not excist, so
              you need a good barlowlens , like the Tele Vue 2.5 x or 5 x Powermate

              > If yes could you recommend some good eyepieces then? I have a
              Megrez
              > 80SD and would be happy to get a good eyepiece for 100x
              magnification.

              there are serval choices for you
              a, use a good barlowlens
              b, use a Tele Vue Radian 5 mm
              c, use a University Optics 5 mm Ortho
              d, use a TMB 5 mm Super Mono eyepiece

              best wishes
              Markus

              > regards Rainer
            • Ostap Mojsiak
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 24, 2004
                Dear Team at WO,

                There are now a number of comments on this site and elsewhere on the
                Internet regarding the release date and potential "reasons" for
                the "delay" in the release of your New Megrez II 80 mm semi-APO
                Doublet and your New Megrez 80 mm APO Triplet.

                Please give us an update to dispell any rumours.

                On a selfish note, In the next two months, I am travelling further
                south than I have ever before and would love to buy one of your new
                scopes and have some time to familiarize myself with the scope and a
                new "travel mount" prior to heading south.

                Please advise ASAP

                Thanx in advance for your consideration.

                Regards,

                Ostap Mojsiak
                Toronto, Ontario
                Canada

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"

              • williamoptics2004
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 25, 2004
                  Dear Members,

                  We apologize for the delay for Megrez 80 II,our estimate of delivery
                  time is from mid February,the Megrez 80 APO is just arrived in LA
                  yesterday,for specification please check:
                  http://www.william-optics.com/main-what-new.htm

                  Thank you for your support.

                  William Yang

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ostap Mojsiak"