RE: [William Optics] How to mate an SBIG STM-11000?

  • christian_hennes@agilent.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2012

      Hello Paul,

      I read your reply only today ! Sorry for that. Thanks a lot. I went to the "Precise Parts" site which I did not know, this is great. But, as you said, the mechanical match is not enough. So, if I read your message well, I should replace my AFR IV with the WO FF 68, which mate the FLT 132 and offer a 68 mm output field. Am I correct?

      Thanks again, this is very interesting. All my apologies for my slow response.

      Best regards,

      Christian

      Lyon, France

      Message 2 of 14 , May 3, 2012
        I have an elderly William Yang 100/80, the focuser thread has had to be
        adapted to take the TMB flattener. I have the WO STL cone fitting and an
        STL 11000. I get flat stars to the extreme of the flat sides, a little
        distortion in the corners (about 45 pixels) and some manageable
        vignetting again at extremis in the distant corners.

        Best wishes
        John
      • pbbgr
        Message 3 of 14 , May 5, 2012
          Christian
          I don't think you would be happy with the results of the AFR IV on the 132. I adapted one to use it on my older WO 105 with an Apogee U8300 and the stars were not round at the edges. The P-flat68 was made for the 132 and they have an STL adapter for it. I'm using one now on my new FLT110 with the Apogee U8300 and the stars are perfect throughout the entire field. It is a bit more expensive, but you will be much happier in the long run.

          Message 4 of 14 , May 16, 2012

            Hello John,

            Nice to read, so you do need to crop your image then, do you?

            Thanks for your answer.

            Christian

            Lyon, France

            Message 5 of 14 , May 16, 2012

              Hello Paul,

              Yes, this is now very clear and very straight forward, I need to purchase the FF68 and the WO adapter to match the FF68 to the STL body. So simple! But guess what? I went on the SBIG site to order the STL-11001M and all the STL line is gone! And they did not reply to my mail asking about that. I wonder what’s going on at SBIG. Are they in trouble?

              Thanks again for your very precious advices,

              Christian

              Lyon, France