FLT focuser - options

  • Delyan Toshev
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
      Well, a guess it is a constant topic, but most everyone that got an FLT scope for serious step up in astrophotography soon comes by mechanical issues with its focuser (4", I have no other experience) and for years I read the same opinion here on this group, and share that, too.

      Now, I still didn't come to afford the FT option as replacement, was waiting WO to release DDG and at least offer a fair upgrade for owners, but this didn't happen yet, and probably won't, but more important from all opinions regarding DDG I do not think it solves issues or indeed - serves the purpose of robust focuser for the kind of instruments FLT ones are perceived as... otherwise great optics, but thats not all the game of course.

      Basically I'm asking if anyone has tested hands-on the Baader SteelTrack 3" focuser? It looks a more viable option - at least here in EU.

      Regards,
      --
      Delyan Toshev
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2011
        I upgraded my 132 to a feathertouch and it is like a new scope...I love it even more!

        Go with the fethertouch 3545B...you'll not regret it..although you may have some explaining to do at home!

        ;)

        CS
        Michael
      • George Ionas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2011
          I was given the option of a FT 3545B when I purchased the FLT-132 and have not regretted it - well worth the upgrade.

          George

          On 9/12/2011 1:03 a.m., Michael wrote:

          I upgraded my 132 to a feathertouch and it is like a new scope...I love it even more!

          Go with the fethertouch 3545B...you'll not regret it..although you may have some explaining to do at home!

          ;)

          CS
          Michael

          No virus found in this message.