New WO GT 81 mm scope

  • w.stanley07
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2011
      Thanks Jaap for your update on your new scope. Personnlly I would like to ask William Yang why they did not design a better, sturdy L bracket that fits in a dovetail itself and or have holes and a dovetail plate to match as a available accessory. I do not like or use extra weight rings. Many of use use tripods with dovetail mounts.

      Also I wonder about the DDG focuser which will be available soon for my Zenithstar ll 80mm ED scope. Will this have a mounting problem with my
      iOptron dovetail mount ?

      William Robert
    • Jaap van 't Leven
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2011
        I agree.   No idea why WO didn't mount a L-bracket simular to the one used on the Megrez 72.
        Have tried to mount that L-bracket to the GT, but the base of the L-bracket is curved, while the
        base of the GT is flat.
        What I'm not sure of is if my GT is a pre-production model or the real thing.....

        The no-name rings I use are lightweight. Also, the point of balance of the GT+camera+reducer
        is very near the center of the scope (the big red ring) so you just need a short (<10cm) dovetail bar.

        I can't see why the DDG would cause a mounting issue.

        Regards,
        Jaap.