Re: FLT 132 and Moonlite focusing problem

  • Brendan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2011
      I have a ML CFL (4.5"DT) on a different refractor brand scope (my guide
      scope is a WO 70ED) and also have to use an extension tube to reach back
      prime focus with a camera. Well actually I use one etxension tube made
      from the Televue TLS-2245 (2.4") imaging system.

      Ron from ML custom made this for me, it is now available from the ML
      site. The reason I used this is that it can be adapted (and lengthened)
      and used as: a camera T ring adapter/an extension tube/ a LPS filter
      holder/ a FL reducer adapter ...blah blah.

      This allows me to reach plenty of in-focus & back focus just fine with
      my DT. No such issues with a diagonal & eyepiece...no extension
      needed.

      But if you need qty 2 extensions...then something is not right! Sounds
      like the flange is cut too square? I think RON sets up the focusers so
      they have plenty of in-focus travel available to allow fitment of filter
      wheels/reducers etc.....imaging.

      The only solution is to either put on on of the ML flange extenders...or
      talk to RON as you shouldn't have to use 2 extension tubes!

      Anyway..FWIW..!

      Brendan
    • monshonday
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2011
        Thanks guys for the responses. Ron suggested a 2.5" flange extender. I'll talk to him about custom making a 3.5" extender. Hopefully the whole train of gizmos hanging off this will remain stable. I just hate to see the camera hanging 13" away from the scope: it just doesn't look normal.

        Dave