Re: Advice please - dovetail question

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2011
      Hi Tom,

      Thanks for the reply, I have yet to use a FR/FF but it was recommended that the newest FFIV is the one to use with this scope. I too crop to compensate for oval stars.

      I really like your setup, thanks for sharing your photos, do you like the height of your setup, the photos seem likes its very tall? Do you break it down or cover it up as i see you live in a snowy area like me?

      Thanks,

      Brian

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "thomashs2001" <tsprecher116@...> wrote:

      > Hi Brian,
      >
      > I also have a Megrez 90 and used the mounting plate that WO sells, it is
      > attached to an Atlas EQ-G. What FR/FF are you using. I have the WO FFIII
      > and am not to happy with it. It does not do a very good job in the
      > corners. I always need to crop. See url for photo.
      >
      > http://tsprecher.zenfolio.com/p1071831656/h2c480bb1#h2c480bb1
      > <http://tsprecher.zenfolio.com/p1071831656/h2c480bb1#h2c480bb1>
      >
      > Tom
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bblakeod@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi group,
      > > loving my megrez 90 and just got a cgem mount, what is needed just a
      > dovetail plate, or do i need i need a saddle plate too? i have the rings
      > that came with the scope. Cant wait to start imaging for longer than 20
      > second subs.
      > >
      > > thanks in advance,
      > >
      > > Brian

    • thomashs2001
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2011

        Brian,

        Initially I set up on my driveway for each session, then I constructed a semi permanent pier on my well head and covered everything with an Astro Gizmo cover. This summer I constructed an observatory using an 8' x 12' shed that I had built without a roof. I then fabricated my own roof using garage doors to open.  With all of the bad weather I have not had much chance for imaging.

        http://tsprecher.zenfolio.com/p550927091