Re: WO flat 2 field flattener/focal reducer

  • phyzznyk
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 15, 2011
      Hello all, this is just to set the record straight and close out this "thread" (pun intended). The threads on neither the telescope nor the flat-2 are damaged. If anything, they've lost some of their paint messing around with them so much recently. Either the flat-2 that I bought (used) is a custom job, a prototype, a manufacturing mistake, an obsolete short-run product that WO forgot about, or WO is intentionally holding something back.

      I know I am right and I posted the photos to demonstrate the different thread types, but of course I believe everybody whose flat-2 fits fine. I will either sell the flat-2 or find an adapter of some sort. It's a shame WO couldn't be more help, but I understand. I still like WO products and look forward to more in the future. The ZS66SD is fine as a finderscope or guidescope, or even for terrestrial viewing, without the flat-2. Thanks everybody for responding and have a blessed day and clear skies.

      Ron

    • s.k.m.r@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 15, 2011
        If you want to sell the flat ii then you will find many takers. I have been looking for one for a while.

        Cheers
        Stuart

        From: "phyzznyk" <phyzznyk@...>
        Sender: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com