Comet Hartley and the Double cluster

  • lubated
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2010
      Here is my attempt at Comet Hartley and the Double Cluster from last week:

      http://tinyurl.com/37tvw3w

      Acquired used Canon T1i (modified) through FLT98 with 0.8 reducer.

      Ed
    • Dan Heimdahl
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2010

        That is a really good image. Congrats.

        Have you manipulated it somehow? I can clearly see a grey shaded tail.

        I made a short movie of Hartley some days ago, hard noise reduction and heavily compressed with some interpolation errors in the slow motion sequence.

        Link: http://heimdahl.eu/pictures/Hartley.wmv

        BR
        /Dan

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2010
          Very nice!!!what subs you used and how many,best regards Frans

          Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry®-toestel

          From: "lubated" <elubat@...>
          Sender: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:56:37 -0000
          To: <William-Optics@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com

          Here is my attempt at Comet Hartley and the Double Cluster from last week:

          http://tinyurl.com/37tvw3w

          Acquired used Canon T1i (modified) through FLT98 with 0.8 reducer.

          Ed

        • Daniel Fafard
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2010
            Great shot Ed!

            Thanks for sharing. I was out of the country and I missed it so I'm glad to see it on picture.

            Clear skies,

            Daniel Fafard
            Québec, Canada
            Lat: 46° 2' 50" Nord, Long: 73° 28' 35" Ouest

            "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"

            Sites Web: http://www.astronomeamateur.ca
                             http://www.notrejardin.ca
                             http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamdan