Re: Megrez 80 Mounting on LX200GPS

  • Paul K
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2003
      One way I can recommend, is using the Losmandy dovetail on top of
      your 12" (part# DM12). If you have the mounting rings, you can use
      two Losmandy dovetail adapters (part# DA) to attach them to the
      dovetail.

      Alternatively, if you're also thinking of using Megrez as a guide
      scope, you may consider two 3-point rings that already come with the
      dovetail adapters (part# DR108):

      http://www.losmandy.com/secondary.html

      This is not a cheap solution, but it's solid enough for imaging. I
      think the total cost will be around $200-$300.

      Regards,

      -Paul

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "george2003@s..."
      <george2003@s...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am due to recieve a Megrez 80 tomorrow. I hope to mount it on my
      12" LX200GPS. I also have a ST-7E CCD that I hope to utilize with
      both scopes. What are my options for mounting the Megrez so that it
      is stable enough for imaging.

      > Thanks,
      > George
      > --
      > George Hall
      > 12" LX200GPS F10, ST-7E
      > Supercharge # 3777-2012
      > Dallas, Texas USA
      > george2003@s...
      > http://george.overcode.net/
    • astro_ovaz
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
        George, I have a Megrez 80 mounted on my Nexstar11 using the Losmandy
        dovetail plate and rings, it is highly suitable for imaging as there
        is no flexure at all.

        Clear Skies
        Gary

      • george2003@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
          Gary,

          What size rings did you use?

          George

          --
          George Hall
          12" LX200GPS F10, ST-7E
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2003
            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "george2003@s..."
            <george2003@s...> wrote:

            I used the 108mm rings.

            Gary
            > Gary,
            >
            > What size rings did you use?
            >
            > George
            >

            > astro_ovaz wrote:
            > > George, I have a Megrez 80 mounted on my Nexstar11 using the
            Losmandy
            > > dovetail plate and rings, it is highly suitable for imaging as
            there
            > > is no flexure at all.
            > >
            > > Clear Skies
            > > Gary
            > >
            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "george2003@s..."
            > > <george2003@s...> wrote:
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I am due to recieve a Megrez 80 tomorrow. I hope to mount it
            on my
            > > 12" LX200GPS. I also have a ST-7E CCD that I hope to utilize with
            > > both scopes. What are my options for mounting the Megrez so that
            it
            > > is stable enough for imaging.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > George
            > > > --
            > > > George Hall
            > > > 12" LX200GPS F10, ST-7E
            > > > Supercharge # 3777-2012
            > > > Dallas, Texas USA
            > > > george2003@s...
            > > > http://george.overcode.net/
            > >

            > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cratvia/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=
            egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1069521424/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.41
            1web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
            camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            Service