DDG focuser part

  • w.stanley07
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
      William Optics
      I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.

      William
    • ivaylo.stoynov
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
        What about ZS110?

        Ivo

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07" <w.stanley07@...> wrote:

        > William Optics
        > I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.
        >
        > William

      • Timm B
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
          I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.

          Timm

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07" <w.stanley07@...> wrote:

          > William Optics
          > I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.
          >
          > William

        • williammoderator07
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
            Dear All.
            We are working on DDG focuser upgrade for old and existing WO telescope models.
            Please, be patient.
            We will announce about it probably in the end of this year or beginning of next year.

            Sincerely,
            WO team.

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

            > I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.
            >
            > Timm
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07" <w.stanley07@> wrote:
            > >
            > > William Optics
            > > I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.
            > >
            > > William

          • DianeBWorth
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2010
              NEW GENERATION DESIGNED FROM WILLIAM OPTICS.

              NEW) 2" DDG Focuser [F-DDG]

              (You save 17% from original price). ($248)

              (NEW REINFORCEMENT) NOW COME WITH ROBUST EMBEDDED STAINLESS RAIL ON THE FOCUSER DRAW TUBE.

              Link to the WO site
              http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=530

              The WO site also notes, it's easy and on-site instructions - update to the [DDG] system.

              Keep us posted if anyone does the replacement.

              Regards, Diane

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@...> wrote:

              > Dear All.
              > We are working on DDG focuser upgrade for old and existing WO telescope models.
              > Please, be patient.
              > We will announce about it probably in the end of this year or beginning of next year.
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > WO team.
              >

              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.
              > >
              > > Timm
              > >
              > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07" <w.stanley07@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > William Optics
              > > > I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.
              > > >
              > > > William

            • Timm B
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2010
                Correct - this is the model available for SCT scopes that I was referring to. I have the Linear Power focuser for SCT now, on my Celestron C8, so I don't have a desire to upgrade that focuser as I don't do photography work. I would love to upgrade the 2" focuser on my WO Megrez 80II, so when that becomes available, I might look into upgrading my original focuser that has the 2-speed upgrade on it. If I do, I will let everyone know.

                Timm

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "DianeBWorth" <dianesails@...> wrote:

                > NEW GENERATION DESIGNED FROM WILLIAM OPTICS.
                >
                > NEW) 2" DDG Focuser [F-DDG]
                >
                > (You save 17% from original price). ($248)
                >
                > (NEW REINFORCEMENT) NOW COME WITH ROBUST EMBEDDED STAINLESS RAIL ON THE FOCUSER DRAW TUBE.
                >
                > Link to the WO site
                > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=530
                >
                > The WO site also notes, it's easy and on-site instructions - update to the [DDG] system.
                >
                > Keep us posted if anyone does the replacement.
                >
                > Regards, Diane
                >

                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Dear All.
                > > We are working on DDG focuser upgrade for old and existing WO telescope models.
                > > Please, be patient.
                > > We will announce about it probably in the end of this year or beginning of next year.
                > >
                > > Sincerely,
                > > WO team.
                > >

                > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.
                > > >
                > > > Timm

              • ivaylo.stoynov
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 28, 2011
                  Dear WO Team,

                  Are there news about the focuser upgrades for older models? My ZS110 will be very happy with a newer focuser :)

                  Regards,
                  Ivo
                  www.astroplace.net

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@...> wrote:

                  > Dear All.
                  > We are working on DDG focuser upgrade for old and existing WO telescope models.
                  > Please, be patient.
                  > We will announce about it probably in the end of this year or beginning of next year.
                  >
                  > Sincerely,
                  > WO team.
                  >

                  > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.
                  > >
                  > > Timm
                  > >
                  > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07" <w.stanley07@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > William Optics
                  > > > I would like to know if you sell or planning to sell a DDG focuser for our existing WO scopes. I have a WO 80mm ED ll scope.
                  > > >
                  > > > William

                • brian
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 18, 2013
                    I have a ZS110 and am also looking for a replacement focuser from WO Any update from WOs promise to have one a few years ago? I am very disappointed that WO does not appear to have done so. I hope I am wrong.

                    Thanks

                    Brian
                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@...> wrote:

                    > Dear WO Team,
                    >
                    > Are there news about the focuser upgrades for older models? My ZS110 will be very happy with a newer focuser :)
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Ivo
                    > www.astroplace.net
                    >
                    > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Dear All.
                    > > We are working on DDG focuser upgrade for old and existing WO telescope models.
                    > > Please, be patient.
                    > > We will announce about it probably in the end of this year or beginning of next year.
                    > >
                    > > Sincerely,
                    > > WO team.
                    > >

                    > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I think the plan was to offer these as replacements for a variety of WO refractor models. I would expect them to sell well if they are competitively priced. Currently, I think the only one shipping is the SCT DDC focuser. The entire focuser can usually just be unscrewed and replaced in a matter of minutes, so this would be a simple user achievable upgrade, and from what I can tell, this is a very good focuser.
                    > > >
                    > > > Timm

                  • photosinferno
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2014
                      Was any upgrade to the ZS110 focuser made available?
                      Or are we talking Moonlite 3rd party as the only upgrade route?

                      John