Veil Nebula flt-132 Canon T2i at iso 3200

  • faron123us
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2010
      This is a shot of the Veil Nebula (Ngc6960), taken at a moderately dark sky with my Flt-132. This is the first time shooting out of the light polluted city and what a difference it makes. I used an Astronomik Eos-clip ccd filter in an unmodded Canon T2i so the colors may be off. This is from 7 shots at 8 mins each, Iso 3200

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/47818572@N00/4795413504/in/photostream/

      Thanks for looking
      Faron
    • Stephen Tate
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2010
        Very nice image background is nice and black

        Steve

        Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse the bad typing.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2010
          Faron,

          This is a nice shot. I need to get a good one of this part of the veil.

          Dark skys make all the difference in imaging. ISO3200? How much noise did you get. I only shoot at ISO800 in the summer with my 350D, old technology I know.

          Again a very nice photo.

          Tom

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "faron123us" <faron@...> wrote:

          > This is a shot of the Veil Nebula (Ngc6960), taken at a moderately dark sky with my Flt-132. This is the first time shooting out of the light polluted city and what a difference it makes. I used an Astronomik Eos-clip ccd filter in an unmodded Canon T2i so the colors may be off. This is from 7 shots at 8 mins each, Iso 3200
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/47818572@N00/4795413504/in/photostream/
          >
          > Thanks for looking
          > Faron

        • faron123us
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2010
            Thanks Steve and Tom. The levels and curves processing in Photoshop helps with the background. Tom, there is noise in the photo at it's original resolution of 5184x3456, once it's downsampled I don't notice it anymore. I still have plenty to learn when it comes to AP. I've seen so many photos with the beautiful star colours maintained/enhanced. I'm still in my first year and I'm trying to capture as many objects as possible at this time.

            Steve, see you at Starfest

            Faron