Moonlite cfl focuser and TMB Flattener FLT-132

  • faron123us
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2010
      I have a Moonlite cfl focuser in transit. During the ordering process, Ron from Moonlite had mentioned that he had machined an adapter to accommodate the Large TMB flattener for one customer. I'm wondering if this arrangement would work ok? Even better, if the person who ordered this adapter frequents this group and could comment on it.

      Thanks, Faron
    • superviking805
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2010
        Hi Faron,

        I had Feathertouch design an adaptor to mount the TMB flattener to a 3.5" focuser. This flattener works perfectly with the FLT110/ST-L11000 and also on my TEC140 with FT focuser. I recently took delivery of a SV127 with a 3.0" FT focuser and had Feathertouch send out an adaptor for this scope too. The adaptor will mount the TMB FF but I have not had a chance to star test yet.

        Feathertouch makes 2 nice adaptors to attach the WO TNB flattener to the FT focuser.

        By the way, I never had a bit of trouble with the stock FLT focuser. The WO focuser moves smoothly and precisely carrying 6# of camera to perfect autofocus every time.

        David Morrow
        www.sbig.com

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "faron123us" <faron@...> wrote:

        > I have a Moonlite cfl focuser in transit. During the ordering process, Ron from Moonlite had mentioned that he had machined an adapter to accommodate the Large TMB flattener for one customer. I'm wondering if this arrangement would work ok? Even better, if the person who ordered this adapter frequents this group and could comment on it.
        >
        > Thanks, Faron

      • faron123us
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2010
          Hi David, thanks for the reply but we are talking about two different focusers here. The Moonlite has a 2.5 inch focuser and the TMB flattener is larger at 4 inches with 2.68 inches clear aperture. Moonlite does make the adapter but will the image actually flatten correctly? I'm happy for you that your original focuser works fine. Once I replace the focuser, my 132 will be an excellent scope. WO has been great so far and I really don't mind changing the focuser. I will post a photo later once it's installed.

          Faron

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "faron123us" <faron@...> wrote:

          > I have a Moonlite cfl focuser in transit. During the ordering process, Ron from Moonlite had mentioned that he had machined an adapter to accommodate the Large TMB flattener for one customer. I'm wondering if this arrangement would work ok? Even better, if the person who ordered this adapter frequents this group and could comment on it.
          >
          > Thanks, Faron

        • superviking805
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2010
            Hi Faron,

            If Moonlight has an adaptor for the flattener it should work fine. The 2.5" will work with any CCD camera available today except maybe a 16803.

            D.M.

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "faron123us" <faron@...> wrote:

            > Hi David, thanks for the reply but we are talking about two different focusers here. The Moonlite has a 2.5 inch focuser and the TMB flattener is larger at 4 inches with 2.68 inches clear aperture. Moonlite does make the adapter but will the image actually flatten correctly? I'm happy for you that your original focuser works fine. Once I replace the focuser, my 132 will be an excellent scope. WO has been great so far and I really don't mind changing the focuser. I will post a photo later once it's installed.
            >
            > Faron
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "faron123us" <faron@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a Moonlite cfl focuser in transit. During the ordering process, Ron from Moonlite had mentioned that he had machined an adapter to accommodate the Large TMB flattener for one customer. I'm wondering if this arrangement would work ok? Even better, if the person who ordered this adapter frequents this group and could comment on it.
            > >
            > > Thanks, Faron

          • faron123us
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22, 2010
              Hi David, again thank you for the response.
              Faron