Re: [William Optics] The retractable dew shield retracts during operations

  • keith_t_morris
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2010
      Hi I have a Megrez ED102 that this happens to as well. I also have had it happen to some of my camera lenses too. My solution? A rubber band! Place it on the tube behind the dew shield, when you slide the dew shield forward roll the rubber band down behind the dew shield to hold it there.

      Simple and cheap and it works!

      Keith

    • christian_hennes@agilent.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2010

        Hi Keith,

        Cool! This is a great idea ! I feel embarrassed I did not get the idea by myself. Thanks a lot for the trick. As you say, simple and cheap.

        Best regards,

        href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [William Optics] The retractable dew shield retracts during
        operations

        > Hello happy WO users,
        > I have enjoyed my FLT 132 recently thanks to couple of good nights.
        Unfortunately, the retractable dew shield retracts during operations. It does that when I point the zenith or close to.
        > Has anyone got this trouble? Can someone recommend a fix for this?
        > Thanks,
        > Christian
        > Christian Hennes
        > ST Global Account Manager
        > Agilent Technologies France
        > Parc Club du Moulin à Vent
        > 33, avenue du Docteur Georges Lévy
        > 69693 Vénissieux
        > tel: 04 78 77 84 44
        > GSM: 06 72 99 04 04
        > FAX: 04 78 77 84 40
        > christian_hennes@...
        > www.agilent.com<outbind://16/www.agilent.com>

      • Dave Y
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25, 2010
          Yeah simple.. a more elegant idea- along the same line is a large "o" ring- easy to roll. Find them at any hydraulic or seal supply house
          Cheers
          Dave

          href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Dave Y

          Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:01 PM
          > To:
          href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com>

          > Hello happy WO users,
          > I have
          enjoyed my FLT 132 recently thanks to couple of good nights. Unfortunately, the retractable dew shield retracts during operations. It does that when I point the zenith or close to.
          > Has anyone got this trouble? Can someone recommend a
          fix for this?
          > Thanks,
          > Christian
          > Christian Hennes

          ST Global Account Manager
          > Agilent Technologies France
          > Parc Club
          du Moulin à Vent
          > 33, avenue du Docteur Georges Lévy
          > 69693
          Vénissieux
          > tel: 04 78 77 84 44
          > GSM: 06 72 99 04 04
          > FAX:
          04 78 77 84 40

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25, 2010

            Hello Dave,

            Thanks for your idea. Yes, this is also a good and long lasting solution.

            Thanks,

            Christian