RE: [William Optics] The retractable dew shield retracts during operations

  • christian_hennes@agilent.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25 2:24 AM

      Hello Dave,

      Yes, the dew strip behind the shield is a very good suggestion. For the Velcro strap I wonder how you would practically do it. I see the side on the shield but don’t see where to put the other part of the Velcro. It cannot be on the tube itself.

      Thanks,

      Christian

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25 3:15 AM
        Hi I have a Megrez ED102 that this happens to as well. I also have had it happen to some of my camera lenses too. My solution? A rubber band! Place it on the tube behind the dew shield, when you slide the dew shield forward roll the rubber band down behind the dew shield to hold it there.

        Simple and cheap and it works!

        Keith

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25 9:34 AM

          Hi Keith,

          Cool! This is a great idea ! I feel embarrassed I did not get the idea by myself. Thanks a lot for the trick. As you say, simple and cheap.

          Best regards,

          href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [William Optics] The retractable dew shield retracts during
          operations

          > Hello happy WO users,
          > I have enjoyed my FLT 132 recently thanks to couple of good nights.
          Unfortunately, the retractable dew shield retracts during operations. It does that when I point the zenith or close to.
          > Has anyone got this trouble? Can someone recommend a fix for this?
          > Thanks,
          > Christian
          > Christian Hennes
          > ST Global Account Manager
          > Agilent Technologies France
          > Parc Club du Moulin à Vent
          > 33, avenue du Docteur Georges Lévy
          > 69693 Vénissieux
          > tel: 04 78 77 84 44
          > GSM: 06 72 99 04 04
          > FAX: 04 78 77 84 40
          > christian_hennes@...
          > www.agilent.com<outbind://16/www.agilent.com>

        • Dave Y
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25 10:02 AM
            Yeah simple.. a more elegant idea- along the same line is a large "o" ring- easy to roll. Find them at any hydraulic or seal supply house
            Cheers
            Dave

            href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Dave Y

            Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:01 PM
            > To:
            href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com>

            > Hello happy WO users,
            > I have
            enjoyed my FLT 132 recently thanks to couple of good nights. Unfortunately, the retractable dew shield retracts during operations. It does that when I point the zenith or close to.
            > Has anyone got this trouble? Can someone recommend a
            fix for this?
            > Thanks,
            > Christian
            > Christian Hennes

            ST Global Account Manager
            > Agilent Technologies France
            > Parc Club
            du Moulin à Vent
            > 33, avenue du Docteur Georges Lévy
            > 69693
            Vénissieux
            > tel: 04 78 77 84 44
            > GSM: 06 72 99 04 04
            > FAX:
            04 78 77 84 40

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25 11:21 PM

              Hello Dave,

              Thanks for your idea. Yes, this is also a good and long lasting solution.

              Thanks,

              Christian