Re: [William Optics] Re: Diagonal question for William Optics Zenithstar II ED 80 APO

  • Dave Y
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
      Personally?.. Dialectric is the way I go.. quartz is nice...but is the difference worth it?... I don't see it
      Then again I am mainly Astrphotography.. but I used a standard Williams Dialectric and loved it on my CPC1100, Nextstar 11, 8" SCT and several refractors.. no issues..
      Good luck\Dave

      Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:27 AM
      Subject: [William Optics] Re: Diagonal question for William Optics Zenithstar II ED 80 APO

      Thank you again, Dave.

      Pierluigi

      --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, "Dave Y" <daveyates80@ ...> wrote:

      > NO.. The aluminized
      overcoat and coatings are exactly the same.. the substrate or Black of material that’s comprised the mirror is the quartz part.. the actual mirror surfaces are the same

      href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com
      > Subject: Re: [William Optics] Re: Diagonal question for William Optics
      Zenithstar II ED 80 APO

      > Thank you
      Dave,

      <daveyates80@ ...>

      Data: Sabato 30 gennaio 2010, 17:57

      I have used all my William optics diagonals on every scope I have ever owned.. no worries.. I have also seen astrotech, Televue, orion, etc used on Williams scopes.. no issues..
      > Quartz is more temp stable than class.. wont move
      in temp changes...and will not alter its shape... Quartz is rock and is a solid.. glass is technically a liquid and flows.. very slowly but it does flow,,, distort and sag.. Quartz will not... it’s a solid and will keep shape, figure and surface indefinately.
      > Cheers
      > Dave

      11:45 AM