Re: New-Member: Megrez 80 + DC + E.P. questions

  • scopacanoe
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2003
      Hi Daniel;

      That's very informative info, and it will definately help me with
      future work with the Nikon Coolpix995.

      Do you by any chance have a photo of your manual-shutter release
      clamp?

      Looking forward to your 995 digipics, just keep them coming!

      What 2" E.P.'s are you currently reviewing for possible purchase?

      As for the kit(Scopetronix) to couple the 995 to E.P's, will it work
      with both 2" & 1.25" E.P.'s???

      thanks & ciao,
      Salvatore
    • danieldgj
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2003
        The Scopetronix kit I use most is specific for 1.25" eyepieces--it
        works with most brands of Plossl eyepieces, for example. I doubt
        that there will be much advantage of a 2-inch eyepiece compared with
        Plossls for photography with the Megrez. I also have an adapter that
        allows me to photograph with a TeleVue Radian--these expensive, large-
        sized 1.25" eyepieces fit into an adapter sold by Scopetronix; the
        adapter then fits into a 2" barrel, whereas the Digi-T system (which
        fits 1.25" Plossls and many other 1.25" eyepieces) lets you put the
        eyepiece into the 1.25" focuser just as you would usually use that
        eyepiece.
        I don't currently have a photo of the shutter-release device, but
        the next time I'm out photographing I'll remember to take one.
        I'm pretty early in the 2-inch eyepiece hunt. I spent most of the
        last 3 months concentrating on Mars with my 10-inch Meade LX200GPS
        scope, and most of the last year climbing the steep learning curve of
        astrophotography. Photography can be very time-consumeing, so I
        haven't yet had the time to spend at the eyepiece that I would like.
        The eyepiece sold by Astrobuffet.com looks interesting.

        --Daniel Johnson

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "scopacanoe"
        <scopacasa.salvatore@i...> wrote:
        > Hi Daniel;
        >
        > That's very informative info, and it will definately help me with
        > future work with the Nikon Coolpix995.
        >
        > Do you by any chance have a photo of your manual-shutter release
        > clamp?
        >
        > Looking forward to your 995 digipics, just keep them coming!
        >
        > What 2" E.P.'s are you currently reviewing for possible purchase?
        >
        > As for the kit(Scopetronix) to couple the 995 to E.P's, will it
        work
        > with both 2" & 1.25" E.P.'s???
        >
        > thanks & ciao,
        > Salvatore
      • David Fung
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
          Salvatore

          Yes, I got the 2" 4x powermate specifically for astrophotography of
          the moon. With the Megrez, it gives me a full frame moon. Which allows
          me to get 20" x 13" prints. Which is really exciting. The 2" is
          therefore vital. I am also planning on a 2x 2" powermate or an AP
          Photo-Visual barlow 2x for more general photography and viewing. I
          will post the images up when I have developed and finished working on
          them! Best of luck!