Re: [William Optics] Happy New Year!

  • Perry Holcomb
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2009
      Happy New Year to you, Timm, and to all WOers.

      Hope 2010 provides better skies for all.

      2009 has been pretty bad, weatherwise, in the SE US because of the El Nino pattern in the eastern Pacific.  We've had an excess of rainfall, generally, which has broken the lengthy drought.  It has also given our farmers a bad time with wet fields and the resulting fungus as well as hail storm damage to several crops, including some apple varieties from the NC mtns.

      Regards,

      Perry

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010
        Happy New Year everyone!

      • christian_hennes@agilent.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010

          Happy new year.

          One more trivial question: Are the screws nuts and bolts on the telescopes in metric system or in US system?

          Thanks,

          Christian

          Lyon, France

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010
            Hey Christian,

            Happy New Year to you in that beautiful city.  I was in Lyon many years ago.

            The answer to your question is metric.

            Regards and better skies,

            Perry  (North Augusta, SC  USA)

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010

              Hello Perry,

              Thanks for your answer. Lyon is one of the most beautiful city in France. I hope you enjoyed it.

              Christian

              Lyon, France