Re: [William Optics] Feathertouch on the FLT-132

  • George Ionas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2009
    Hi Mike,

    I got my 132 FLT with the upgrade after reading all of the problem others were having with the WO's 4 inch focuser on this group. The Feathertouch 3545 is superb, I also have installed the motor focuser, a dream to use. If you do go for the Feathertouch upgrade get the 4" extension tube, especially if you going to do imaging with the scope. I am bit of the old school and like the focuser not extended out too far. With the Flat68 field flattener you get pinpoint stars to the edge of the field on an APS size CCD chip (have not tried it out with a larger CCD chip). See some of my images taken with the 132 FLT/FeatherTouch 3545 combo on this group under the "Photo" section, name Kiwi Imager.

    I have attach two images showing the 132 FLT with the Feathertouch 3545 in the retracted and extended position.

    George
    New Zealand

    Michael wrote:

    Has anyone experienced this yet and if so is it worth getting as an upgrade? I'm assuming that it's significantly better than the stock focuser but would love to hear from someone that has experience of both.

    Best wishes for the festive season

    Mike