Filter location

  • Mark Acker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2009
      I posted a series of questions a couple of weeks ago regarding reaching focus on a Megrez II 80mm with a Meade DSI IIIc.  I have sorted out the balance and flex issues, but I have a follow up question.
      Some time ago I had bought a Meade (variable length) camera adapter not realizing that it would not work with my setup at the time.  I never got around to selling it and realized last night that the threads might fit into the DSI if I removed the nosepiece.  It works great, but it does mean that the filter is now much farther forward of the chip when collapsed, then even farther forward when the adapter is extended compared to simply screwing the filter into the original nosepiece.  Will this make any difference to anything or is it better to have the filter as close to the chip as possible?

      Thanks for any advice,
      Mark