New FLT 110mm DDG Triplet APO f/7

  • timmytlx200
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2009
      Hi Everyone...

      I have the new FLT 110mm DDG Triplet APO f/7 with the Digital Display Gauge and new style focuser (linear dual speed). I bought it from William at the P.A.T.S. show in Pasadena (#1 !!!) Has anyone else take delivery yet? My issue is that the focuser racks out buttery smooth, but needs some occassional pressure (push) to rack back in. I'm guessing it's an adjustement, but I don't have a manual as they were not ready at the time I bought the scope and there's not one online yet.

      I've also sent a message to William and will post his reply here. Thanks.

      Tim
    • Perry Holcomb
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2009
        Congratulations, Tim!

        Sounds like the focuser tension needs tightening.

        But I know nothing about the new focuser or its adjustments.

        Perry

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2009
          Hi Tom,

          Congrats on the new scope! I have the Lite version of the FLT 110 and it also has the 2.5" linear focuser, but without the digital display. Mine has two knobs on the bottom of the focuser, one locks the focuser and the other adjusts the tension. My manual does not cover the linear focuser, but they give a warning about adjusting the tension on the 4" standard focuser. I have followed that advice.

          "William Optics warranty does not cover damage to the focuser due to inappropriate tension setting.

          This focuser is designed to hold many pounds without problems. If nonetheless your setup requires additional tension adjustment, please use the tension allen screw under the focuser. I order to avoid sagging or denting of the focuser steel reinforcement, it is necessary to adjust tension ONLY when the drawtube is FULLY EXTENDED."

          I'd run the focuser out all the way and then experiment with the knobs to see which locks and which one adjusts the tension. After determining which is which, you can set the tension as required.

          Good luck and enjoy that new scope.

          Tom