Re: First posting

  • donaldscott30901
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
      antonio,

      those pics look great! i'm planning on becomming a megrez owner in
      the next few months, your success and enthusiasm has increased my
      hunger that much more!

      thank you!

      ds

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Antonio Fernandez"
      <afernan10@w...> wrote:
      > Hi Group,
      > Despite I have been peeking into this list for a while this is my
      > first posting. So, allow me to introduce myself: my name is
      Antonio
      > and I am the proud owner of a recently acquired a Megrez-80.
      > This fine scope has replaced my six year old ST-80 both in my
      > imaging efforts and in my heart. Yeah, I falled in love with the
      > Megrez-80. It looks great! It performs great!
      > Now I can image with the Megrez and the Canon 10D and get round
      > stars edge to edge with no other aides (i.e. field flatteners).
      > For the sake of vanity ;-) I have posted some of my early modest
      > work with the Megrez and the 10D in my website.
      > http://astrosurf.com/afernandez/gallery/wo-
      10d/WO_10D_astrophoto.htm
      > I just got a VR-1 Minus Violet filter to get in control of the
      blues
      > but haven't had the opportunity to test it in the field with deep
      > sky images. As soon as I can test it I will share my experiences
      > with you.
      > Clear skies!
      > antonio
    • Antonio Fernandez
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1 1:31 PM
        tnx Don, you are gonna like it very much!

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "donaldscott30901"
        <dscott@a...> wrote:
        > antonio,
        >
        > those pics look great! i'm planning on becomming a megrez owner
        in
        > the next few months, your success and enthusiasm has increased my
        > hunger that much more!
        >
        > thank you!
        >
        > ds
        >

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Antonio Fernandez"
        > <afernan10@w...> wrote:
        > > Hi Group,
        > > Despite I have been peeking into this list for a while this is
        my
        > > first posting. So, allow me to introduce myself: my name is
        > Antonio
        > > and I am the proud owner of a recently acquired a Megrez-80.
        > > This fine scope has replaced my six year old ST-80 both in my
        > > imaging efforts and in my heart. Yeah, I falled in love with the
        > > Megrez-80. It looks great! It performs great!
        > > Now I can image with the Megrez and the Canon 10D and get round
        > > stars edge to edge with no other aides (i.e. field flatteners).
        > > For the sake of vanity ;-) I have posted some of my early modest
        > > work with the Megrez and the 10D in my website.
        > > http://astrosurf.com/afernandez/gallery/wo-
        > 10d/WO_10D_astrophoto.htm
        > > I just got a VR-1 Minus Violet filter to get in control of the
        > blues
        > > but haven't had the opportunity to test it in the field with
        deep
        > > sky images. As soon as I can test it I will share my experiences
        > > with you.
        > > Clear skies!
        > > antonio
      • Roger
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1 5:02 PM
          Antonio - Those are excellent images. It takes me a long time to get
          images that good on film. Very impressive for a standard SLR digital
          camera & the megrez.

          Roger.

          Roger Groom rog1[AT]iinet.net.au
          http://www.iinet.net.au/~rog1/
          * Photography, Graphic Art & Astro Photography
          * "Southern Amateur Astronomy" Info Pages.

          <afernan10@w...> wrote:
          > Hi Group,
          > Despite I have been peeking into this list for a while this is my
          > first posting. So, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Antonio
          > and I am the proud owner of a recently acquired a Megrez-80.
          > This fine scope has replaced my six year old ST-80 both in my
          > imaging efforts and in my heart. Yeah, I falled in love with the
          > Megrez-80. It looks great! It performs great!
          > Now I can image with the Megrez and the Canon 10D and get round
          > stars edge to edge with no other aides (i.e. field flatteners).
          > For the sake of vanity ;-) I have posted some of my early modest
          > work with the Megrez and the 10D in my website.
          > http://astrosurf.com/afernandez/gallery/wo-10d/WO_10D_astrophoto.htm
          > I just got a VR-1 Minus Violet filter to get in control of the
          blues
          > but haven't had the opportunity to test it in the field with deep
          > sky images. As soon as I can test it I will share my experiences
          > with you.
          > Clear skies!
          > antonio
        • Antonio Fernandez
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2 10:54 AM
            Roger, thanks very much!!!
            Mine are very modest results, I suggest you check the digital_astro
            group and see what other folks are doing with the 10D's. If you
            haven't seen that recently, you will be amazed.
            I have some very good friends, also in this WO group, moving from film
            to digital ;-)
            cheers,
            antonio