FLT 110 & finder scope

  • timmytlx200
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi...

      I just received my new FLT 110 and would like to survey other users on what they decided to use as a finder. Thanks.
    • madpc
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009

        Hi,

        Congrats on your new FLT 110 it’s an Excellent scope J

        I use the William Optics finder and bracket with mine plus a

        Megrez 72 as my guide scope.

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/equipment/Kit.htm

        Regards,

        --

        Paul Gordon

        paul@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
          I've been using a Telrad as a finder, and an Orion Express 80 for
          guiding, and I was very happy with that combo. Just recently I added a
          Celestron C9.25 mounted side-by-side with the FLT-110, and I'm not
          sure how things will evolve from this point - the current
          configuration has problems when I roll off the roof of my observatory
          (rafters are too low, or the scopes are too high...).

          On 2009-10-01, at 10:25 PM, timmytlx200 wrote:

          > Hi...
          >
          > I just received my new FLT 110 and would like to survey other users
          > on what they decided to use as a finder. Thanks.

          Peter Tattersall
          ptatters@...
          http://www.zerobyzero.ca/Skewed/
          I should have no objection to go over the same life from its beginning
          to the end: requesting only the advantage authors have, of correcting
          in a second edition the faults of the first.
          -- Benjamin Franklin
        • newfieninja
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
            Hey,

            On my FLT 98 Alum. tube,I have the WO 50 mm bracket that mounts to the foucser, I removed the rings and made a bracket that allows me to use a green laser as a pointer. I also use a Stellarvue 50mm right angle illuminated finder and the their 50mm bracket that attaches to the top of hinged rings. The finder is good quality for the price, helical focuser, you can use different eyepieces, it is almost a little telescope on its own. I originally had a straight through finder but found it to be a pain when the trelescope was poining close to the zenith. This setup works pretty well for my needs.

            Cheers