Polar scope consideration

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Several weeks ago, at Starfest, I was fortunate to assist a fellow imager on
      setting up their new Titan mount with the polar scope attached to the side
      of the mount. I was both amazed and disappointed when I saw how clear and
      bright the view was through the Titan (Losmandy) polar scope was compared to
      mine.

      Since I take my scope out to remote sites as often as possible, good initial
      alignment really helps before doing a drift alignment. I would like to
      either be able to clean up the current bore/polar scope or replace it with
      some much better. Any suggestion from the group?

      Jim