megrez80

  • Paul Gardner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      I am looking at buying a refractor in the 80mm range for guiding and
      mainly for widefield imaging. I have been looking at the megrez80 and
      the stellarvue line of scopes. Has anyone compared the megrez80 to
      say the Stellarvue AT1010 or Blackhawk78mm. From what I have heard
      the william optics has a littel better lens. I would like to hear
      some other opinions. (although I am sure I will hear mostly praise
      about the megrez80 since this is a william optics group).

      Paul Gardner
    • danieldgj
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2003
        I don't know about the Stellarvue products but have heard that they
        have comparable optics to the Megrez. I think the Megrez has a very
        good focuser, which is important. Although the central half of a
        35mm camera frame gives pinpoint images with the Megrez, my images
        improved with the addition of a TeleVue field flattener (one made for
        the TV-85). This will almost surely be true of the Stellarvue as
        well. I now get edge-to-edge pinpoint images. Either one will need
        a violet-reduction filter for imaging fields with bright stars.

        Dan Johnson

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Gardner"