New Pics With The FLT98-CF

  • ressalg
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
      These are from a couple of weekends ago:

      http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3848652763_4a770603ae.jpg

      Single 5 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.

      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2649/3848935943_37f7aa6a17.jpg

      Single 3 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.

      Thanks for having a look.
    • hpholcomb
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
        I like those! Very nice. A great deal of their appeal to me is their simplicity. I'm especially impressed with your NGC 7000. Cygnus is the summer "Orion" for me.

        You captured a bunch of photons in a relatively short time. You must have dark skies.

        What cam and settings did you use??

        Perry

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ressalg" <ressalg@...> wrote:

        > These are from a couple of weekends ago:
        >
        > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3848652763_4a770603ae.jpg
        >
        > Single 5 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.
        >

        > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2649/3848935943_37f7aa6a17.jpg
        >
        > Single 3 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.
        >
        > Thanks for having a look.

      • ressalg
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
          Thanks, Perry. Actually these were taken under skies with a Bortle rating of 5... hardly dark skies but certainly better than the skies from within the city of a million that I live in.

          I use a Canon 20Da. If I recall correctly I had it set for ISO 400... mostly in an effort to reduce noise. Also, remember that these were processed in Photoshop to bring out some extra detail.

          - Rob

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "hpholcomb" <hpholcomb@...> wrote:

          > I like those! Very nice. A great deal of their appeal to me is their simplicity. I'm especially impressed with your NGC 7000. Cygnus is the summer "Orion" for me.
          >
          > You captured a bunch of photons in a relatively short time. You must have dark skies.
          >
          > What cam and settings did you use??
          >
          > Perry
          >

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ressalg" <ressalg@> wrote:
          > >
          > > These are from a couple of weekends ago:
          > >
          > > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3848652763_4a770603ae.jpg
          > >
          > > Single 5 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.
          > >

          > > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2649/3848935943_37f7aa6a17.jpg
          > >
          > > Single 3 minute exposure. Processed in Photoshop.
          > >
          > > Thanks for having a look.

        • Subs
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
            No-one has any experience or opinion re the WO 83mm
            spotting scope? Haven't found any reviews online.

            Are my posts being seen by the group?
            I've sent about 6 in total with zero responses.
            Is this group moderated/filtered?

            I have some questions re use of the SMB flattener with the FTL110
            and other topics, but they will wait until I know I am 'visible'.

            David Kinston
            melbourne.au
          • Perry Holcomb
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
              I see your posts.

              I know nothing about the WO spotting scope.

              Good luck!

              Perry