Adjustment of the FLT98 focuser

  • outlash27
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hi all,

      I've had my FLT98 for a while now and I'm very happy with it but for one thing, I can't seem to adjust the tension of the focuser (it's the aluminium model with the crayford). It's very smooth and does take the weight of my camera and filter wheel/eyepiece & diagonal easily but it does drop (rather than slip) very easily, so much so that I normally use the focus lock screws semi-tightened whilst achieveing final focus.

      I can't seem to find any details in the FLT manual, can anyone help?

      Thanks in advance,

      Tony.