Re: ZS66 and ZS70 discontinued?

  • Pete Hallock
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2009
      I have found that dealers are not the best source of information sometimes. I'll defer to William Optics for the confirmation. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up alert !
      CS,
      Pete

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Steve L <zorlac@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I heard from a UK dealer yesterday that the Zenithstar 66SD has been
      > discontinued, and that once the stocks have been depleted, the ZS 70
      > will also discontinued.
      >
      > I am not sure I heard this mentioned on this list, am sure it would have
      > been talked about at length, so I thought I would post it up and see if
      > this was commonly known or not, or if the information filtering through
      > to the dealers is incorrect.
      >
      > Steve

    • williammoderator07
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2009
        Dear All.
        ZS66 will be replaced by ZS70/M72.
        We continue sell ZS70/M72 worldwide.
        http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=419

        http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=472

        http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=469

        ZS70 Demo - $338 (no case).
        ZS70 new - $398 (with case).
        M72 new - $498 (no case).
        ZS66 Patriot - $298.

        Free shipping.

        WO

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Hallock" <pfghwest@...> wrote:

        > I have found that dealers are not the best source of information sometimes. I'll defer to William Optics for the confirmation. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up alert !
        > CS,
        > Pete
        >

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Steve L <zorlac@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all
        > >
        > > I heard from a UK dealer yesterday that the Zenithstar 66SD has been
        > > discontinued, and that once the stocks have been depleted, the ZS 70
        > > will also discontinued.
        > >
        > > I am not sure I heard this mentioned on this list, am sure it would have
        > > been talked about at length, so I thought I would post it up and see if
        > > this was commonly known or not, or if the information filtering through
        > > to the dealers is incorrect.
        > >
        > > Steve

      • pfghwest
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 21, 2009
          Thank you very much for your WO update. I ordered and you have shipped today the Demo ZS 70ED...I have had 3 ZS 66SD, keeping one.
          I am a great fan of WO products, which I accidentally fell into on a whim AstroMart ZS 66SD purchase..And you were nice enough a few months back to find a focus lock, nylon tipped, thumb screw for me. I believe everyone should look at the remaining ZS 66SD Patriot model and consider a purchase...this I have also posted on the 60mm Telescope Forum ( they may be a little tired of me and my drum beating for WO.. LOL!)
          Best wishes,
          Pete
          Santa Maria, California

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@...> wrote:

          > Dear All.
          > ZS66 will be replaced by ZS70/M72.
          > We continue sell ZS70/M72 worldwide.
          > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=419
          >
          > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=472
          >
          > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=469
          >
          > ZS70 Demo - $338 (no case).
          > ZS70 new - $398 (with case).
          > M72 new - $498 (no case).
          > ZS66 Patriot - $298.
          >
          > Free shipping.
          >
          > WO
          >

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Hallock" <pfghwest@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have found that dealers are not the best source of information sometimes. I'll defer to William Optics for the confirmation. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up alert !
          > > CS,
          > > Pete
          > >

          > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Steve L <zorlac@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi all
          > > >
          > > > I heard from a UK dealer yesterday that the Zenithstar 66SD has been
          > > > discontinued, and that once the stocks have been depleted, the ZS 70
          > > > will also discontinued.
          > > >
          > > > I am not sure I heard this mentioned on this list, am sure it would have
          > > > been talked about at length, so I thought I would post it up and see if
          > > > this was commonly known or not, or if the information filtering through
          > > > to the dealers is incorrect.
          > > >
          > > > Steve

        • wasyoungonce2
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2009
            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pfghwest" <pfghwest@...> wrote:

            > Thank you very much for your WO update. I ordered and you have shipped today the Demo ZS 70ED...I have had 3 ZS 66SD, keeping one.
            > I am a great fan of WO products, which I accidentally fell into on a whim AstroMart ZS 66SD purchase..And you were nice enough a few months back to find a focus lock, nylon tipped, thumb screw for me. I believe everyone should look at the remaining ZS 66SD Patriot model and consider a purchase...this I have also posted on the 60mm Telescope Forum ( they may be a little tired of me and my drum beating for WO.. LOL!)
            > Best wishes,
            > Pete
            > Santa Maria, California
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear All.
            > > ZS66 will be replaced by ZS70/M72.
            > > We continue sell ZS70/M72 worldwide.
            > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=419
            > >
            > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=472
            > >
            > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=469
            > >
            > > ZS70 Demo - $338 (no case).
            > > ZS70 new - $398 (with case).
            > > M72 new - $498 (no case).
            > > ZS66 Patriot - $298.
            > >
            > > Free shipping.
            > >
            > > WO
            > >

            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Hallock" <pfghwest@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have found that dealers are not the best source of information sometimes. I'll defer to William Optics for the confirmation. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up alert !
            > > > CS,
            > > > Pete

            I ordered and received one of the "Demo" ZS 70ED's a week and a half ago. It only took 6 days to ship from from Taiwan to Melbourne, Australia...not bad for free shipping.

            Not a mark on it, perfect condition, a great little scope...even more sweet because of the price & postage.

            Now what can I do about the clouds that have rolled in?
          • pfghwest
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2009
              Yep, the clouds guarantee you have an excellent scope now..Happens every time. Try that as a 13 year old that has spent over a year grinding his 6"/f8 mirror, and building his pipe fitting GEM wirh galvanized sheet metal OTA, and then waiting nearly 10 days for a clear night. Indeed, it was a great scope, turned edge and all < G >
              Clear and Dark Sky,
              Pete
              California

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "wasyoungonce2" <lowerchester@...> wrote:

              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pfghwest" <pfghwest@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Thank you very much for your WO update. I ordered and you have shipped today the Demo ZS 70ED...I have had 3 ZS 66SD, keeping one.
              > > I am a great fan of WO products, which I accidentally fell into on a whim AstroMart ZS 66SD purchase..And you were nice enough a few months back to find a focus lock, nylon tipped, thumb screw for me. I believe everyone should look at the remaining ZS 66SD Patriot model and consider a purchase...this I have also posted on the 60mm Telescope Forum ( they may be a little tired of me and my drum beating for WO.. LOL!)
              > > Best wishes,
              > > Pete
              > > Santa Maria, California
              > >
              > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07" <williammoderator07@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear All.
              > > > ZS66 will be replaced by ZS70/M72.
              > > > We continue sell ZS70/M72 worldwide.
              > > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=419
              > > >
              > > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=472
              > > >
              > > > http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=469
              > > >
              > > > ZS70 Demo - $338 (no case).
              > > > ZS70 new - $398 (with case).
              > > > M72 new - $498 (no case).
              > > > ZS66 Patriot - $298.
              > > >
              > > > Free shipping.
              > > >
              > > > WO

              > I ordered and received one of the "Demo" ZS 70ED's a week and a half ago. It only took 6 days to ship from from Taiwan to Melbourne, Australia...not bad for free shipping.
              >
              > Not a mark on it, perfect condition, a great little scope...even more sweet because of the price & postage.
              >
              > Now what can I do about the clouds that have rolled in?

            • Subs
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
                Hi all

                I'm wondering what people think about this telescope.

                Although the main use would be terrestrial, it would be
                regularly used for astronomical observing on trips.

                So I'm wondering how good it really is.

                I haven't found any reviews online. Are there any?

                David Kinston
                Melbourne.au