RE: [William Optics] NGC 6960

  • Daniel Fafard
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
    Thanks Ed!

    My next target will be the Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635). I made a test this week on it (see attached). Cropped at 40%.

    Well positioned now in my brand new observatory. I tought my best view could be Sout-West West but I have a nice filed North-East East.

    Clear skies!

    Daniel Fafard
    Québec, Canada

    "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"

    Sites Web: http://www.astronomeamateur.ca
                     http://www.notrejardin.ca
                     http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamdan

    To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
    From: starcat@...
    Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:02:55 -0600
    Subject: Re: [William Optics] NGC 6960

    Daniel,
            Very nice image!  Well done.

    Forever clear skies & great seeing!
    Cheers,     Ed

    RASC - Calgary Centre
    POD Astro Dome Observatory
    N 51° 05' 10.06"  W 113° 58' 22.24"

    Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009

      Excellent stuff Daniel!!

      I know what you mean about the clear skies :-/

      It has been a pretty poor year for imaging so far!

      --

      Paul Gordon

      paul@...

      Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
        Thanks Paul!

        I'm quite proud too of my small observatory that I just builed (not finished yet). I can leave my CGEM mount with the WO110mm in HIBERNATE mode and ready in very few minutes the day after. I will appreciate it more this winter!

        You can see it here:
        http://www.astronomeamateur.ca/observatoire.htm

        You can use the Google gadget at the top of the page to translate if you wish.

        To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com

        Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
          Bonsoir M. Daniel,

          Ok, I'm gonna try my very rusty French in honor of your observatory.  A lot of hard work went into that, and I know you're very proud of it!.  So...

          Vous avez un observatoire très agréable. J'ai apprécié les images montrant sa construction et l'intérieur.Je sais que vous êtes fier de lui.Bien cuit !

          Admittedly, I did have to look up a couple of words and switch M/S Word over to French text.  That's the only way I could get the accents correct, which I hope I did.  It's been a long time since grad school and the infrequent uses since then.  One of the PhD requirements was to have a reading knowledge of German and French or Russian.

          Thanks for sharing, Daniel!

          Perry

          Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
            Thanks Perry for the nice comments.

            Well until I read the last paragrah I found that you French was quite good...espacially for the accents!...;)
            (Sometime I should use too these tools to translate...)

            Now it is vacation for many people and the guy who is helping me (I should say the guy that I help...lol) will be back in 2 weeks. Then I will add a sliding shelf that will go by the window from the office to the main room on which will be the laptop. I have not decided yet what will be on the floor.

            Tripod legs take lot of room but one day I may have a pier that will leave much space to walk around.

            If all goes as I wish (in my job*) I project to get a CGE-PRO with the new EdgeHD 11 in tandem with the WO110mm.

            *I work for a GM dealer who has been notified to be closed but I work hard to re-start the business in used cars and be the first French Mobil One Lube Express in Québec.

            To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com

            Didn't have clear skies since June 24th! So this Tuesday I tried NGC 6960...at last!
            What a bad summer we have this year here in Québec. Hoping for a nice Fall.

            Well...here is NGC 6960 with the WO 110mm guided with the 80ED on CGEM mount. 1 hour 48 minutes with a mod 50D at ISO 800.

            http://www.astronom eamateur. ca/image- viewer.htm? gallery/Fgallery 5-12.jpg

            Hope you like!

            Daniel Fafard
            Québec, Canada

            "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"

            Sites Web: http://www.astronom eamateur. ca
                             http://www.notrejar din.ca
                             http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dreamdan

            Attention à tous les Humains. Nous sommes vos photos. Libérez-nous de vos disques durs.

            Avec Windows Live, vous gardez le contact avec tous vos amis au même endroit.

            Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger Venez voir
          • Tom Arrington
            Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
              Daniel,

              Nice capture of one of my favorite objects. The detail is very good, I'm looking forward to working on this object later this summer.

              On my monitor I see a pink hue in the bright star, I think it should be closer to white. But, thats on my monitor.

              I am jelous of your observitory! I have to pack everything up in my car are drive about 20 minutes to do any astrophotography. I think you will really enjoy the luxuray of having that observitory.

              Good luck with the new venture.

              Tom

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Fafard <daniel.fafard@...> wrote:

              > Hi group!
              >

              > Didn't have clear skies since June 24th! So this Tuesday I tried NGC 6960...at last!
              >
              > What a bad summer we have this year here in Québec. Hoping for a nice Fall.
              >

              > Well...here is NGC 6960 with the WO 110mm guided with the 80ED on CGEM mount. 1 hour 48 minutes with a mod 50D at ISO 800.
              >

              > http://www.astronomeamateur.ca/image-viewer.htm?gallery/Fgallery5-12.jpg
              >

              > Hope you like!
              >
              > Daniel Fafard
              > Québec, Canada
              >
              > "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"
              >
              > Sites Web: http://www.astronomeamateur.ca
              > http://www.notrejardin.ca
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamdan

              > Attention à tous les Humains. Nous sommes vos photos. Libérez-nous de vos disques durs.
              > http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666050

            • Daniel Fafard
              Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
                Thanks Tom,

                I'll pay attention on the hue colors. Tihis part of processing is the most difficult for me.

                To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
                From: notgnirra@...
                Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:49:18 +0000
                Subject: [William Optics] Re: NGC 6960