William Oprics 66mm SD

  • Greg Kaiser
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2009

      Hi

      My Primary lens is loose how do I tighten it since the dew shield slide freely

      there's nothing to hold onto Argh...No wonder my guiding has been rough with this scope

      and imaging with the ED 80

      A shot of the Eastern veil last night w the 66mm
      +.8x reducer an Orion SS II Color  F4.72

      20 x 3 minutes

      http://www.azspaceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/eastern-veil_publisha.jpg

      Thanks

      Greg

    • Chris Schroeder
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
        Hi Greg, this is easy to do, first unscrew the ring on the front end of the dew shield, this will allow the dew shield to back to expose the the lens cell which you can then turn to tighten. You may have to remove the mounting foot to allow the dew shield to slide back enough.
        I hope this helps.
        Clear Skies, Chris
        Mallincam Color Hyper Plus
        10" DSH with SC DSC, CPC 800 XLT
        M110 Doublet ED, ZS80FD 10th Anniv, ZS66SD, PST
        CG5-AGT, EZ-Touch, Voyager
        POD XL3 http://pod.schroedercity.com/

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Kaiser" <gvblk4@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > My Primary lens is loose how do I tighten it since the dew shield slide
        > freely
        >
        > there's nothing to hold onto Argh...No wonder my guiding has been rough
        > with this scope
        >
        > and imaging with the ED 80
        >
        > A shot of the Eastern veil last night w the 66mm
        > +.8x reducer an Orion SS II Color F4.72
        >
        > 20 x 3 minutes
        >
        > http://www.azspaceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/eastern-veil_publi\
        > sha.jpg
        > <http://www.azspaceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/eastern-veil_publ\
        > isha.jpg>
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Greg

      • Sasaki Colorstone
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
          Greg, I don't know if you are having the same problem that I did with my 66SD but here is a copy of the response I received from the group and my original request:

          Hope this helps, Dave Bennett

          Re: ZS66SD Rotating Lens Cell

          Posted by: "Chris Schroeder" chris_jsa@...   chris_jsa

          Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 am (PDT)

          It is easy to, I just double checked with mine to make sure. First
          remove the foot from the OTA, next remove the ring in front of the
          dew shield, slide the dew shile back. Now you can tighten the the
          lens cell with your hand, pull the dew sield forward and reattache
          the front ring and foot and you're good to go.

          Clear Skies, Chris

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bennett"
          <SasakiColorstone@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks...I need a little help here,
          > I was putting away my ZS66SD last night after showing some neighbors
          > the moon when I noticed that the lens cell was rotating as I
          twisted
          > (counter-clockwise) the dew shield to it's closed position. To my
          > horror I could feel (and see) that the cell was now loose in its
          threads.
          > I've managed to rotate the cell back the other way (clockwise as you
          > look at the lens) so at least the cell feels like it is seated
          fairly
          > securely in the threads. I'm unable though to tighten it to the
          point
          > where the dew shield will rotate freely without the lens cell
          turning
          > with it (counter-clockwise).
          > Has anyone come across this with their ZenithStars? Any
          suggestions?
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Dave

        • Greg Kaiser
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
            Yes Thanks the ring came off and presto Very grateful

            Greg