[William Optics] Re: Where is William Optics?

  • Pete Hallock
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 2, 2009
      Jim, do you find the Nylon Thumb Screws strong enough to lock up the focuser for imaging? Yes, that is a neat idea. I'm going to sell two of my ZS 66SDs, perhaps, and want to have them original as possible.
      By the way, the holes for the RDF mount and others around there are also M5-.8 Metric plug screws. I used a Hex head plug screw from OSH. Home Depot has metric as small as M4.
      CS,
      Pete

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, James Stephens <j_m_step@...> wrote:

      > What about a nylon screw? There are pros and cons, I'm sure. I replaced the screw that locks the focus rotation mechanism on my -66SD and my Megrez 80 with nylon, just to prevent driving a dimple in the aluminum. Got the set screws at Scopestuff, and have kept the original metal screws, of course:)
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > James Stephens, PhD 601-599-4260 (h)
      > 29 Park Place #301 601-268-2681 ext. 40 (w)
      > Hattiesburg MS 39402 601-434-2722 (c)
      >

      > > To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: pfghwest@...
      > > Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:38:46 +0000
      > > Subject: [William Optics] Re: Where is William Optics?
      > >
      > > Jim at ScopeStuff just supplied me with stainless steel metric thumbs screws that will fit the bill for the focuser lock screw in the ZS 66SD, maybe other WO's. M5-.8 x20mm ( the original is 17mm in length..) with a round tip. They seem to feature a black acrylic knob. I'll just drop an Airsoft 6mm air gun pellet in the hole..may need trimming.
      > > http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_scr1.htm
      > > Hope that works...
      > > Cheers,
      > > Pete
      > >

      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, James Stephens <j_m_step@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Try Scopestuff for replacement screws, they have a nice assortment of English and metric nylon set screws.
      > > >
      > > > Jim

      > > > Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
      > > > http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_BR_life_in_synch_062009

      > Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage.
      > http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_SD_25GB_062009

    • Pete Hallock
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 22, 2009
        Mucking around in the Moonlite and Feather Touch realm is a challenge for me. It would be good if by just using adapters we could flip from one OTA to another size or brand without the need to go through this all over again. As you know, this would be an excellent reason to buy an upgrade Crayford...( ralionalize to ourselves..).Are Stellarvue Crayfords as suspect as WO?
        CS,
        Pete