RE: [William Optics] M81 and M82 with FLT110/TMBFF

  • James Stephens
    Message 1 of 13 , May 8, 2009
      > From: tr_cummings@...
      > Glad you enjoyed the view on both times.
      > BTW what did you pile high and deep Dr. Jim?
      >
      > Roy

      It was physics at at Ga Tech, the High Temp Chem Phys Lab (since renamed) of Dr. Jim Gole, working on (we hoped) a new kind of chem laser.  I'm actually teaching the intro astronomy courses here at Southern Miss, and here's a link to my observing site,

      http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~w118031/Observing.html

      Take a look and you'll see my Megrez 80 refractor.  It's an "old" one, I bought it after the review in Sky & Telescope.

    • Roy Cummings
      Message 2 of 13 , May 8, 2009

        > From: tr_cummings@ charter.net

        > Glad you enjoyed the view on both times.
        > BTW what did you pile high and deep Dr. Jim?
        >
        > Roy

        It was physics at at Ga Tech, the High Temp Chem Phys Lab (since renamed) of Dr. Jim Gole, working on (we hoped) a new kind of chem laser.  I'm actually teaching the intro astronomy courses here at Southern Miss, and here's a link to my observing site,

        http://ocean. otr.usm.edu/ ~w118031/ Observing. html

        Take a look and you'll see my Megrez 80 refractor.  It's an "old" one, I bought it after the review in Sky & Telescope.

      • Tom Arrington
        Message 3 of 13 , May 8, 2009
          Roy,

          Nice shot. Loads of integration time and it shows. Very nice colors and great detail.

          I am enjoying my new FLT110 Lite and agree with you the optics are fantastic! Just need some skys without clouds or a full moon.

          Thanks for sharing.

          Tom
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Cummings" <tr_cummings@...> wrote:

          > This scope never stops amazing me.
          >
          > 8hrs 40minutes taken over the last 3 weeks with the moon just blazing for
          > most of the exposures.
          >
          > http://www.astrophotogallery.org/showphoto.php/photo/3067/ppuser/103
          >
          > Hope you enjoy the view, I do.
          >

          > Roy Cummings

        • Stephen Lenarz
          Message 4 of 13 , May 8, 2009
            Roy,
            Great job on M1061  That is a pretty fantastic job.  Thanks for sharing.  Steve