WO 132 Play in focuser

  • tonyerrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2009
      Hi folks, just joined the group tonight and hope someone can help. I have recently purchsed a WO 132 (second hand in the UK). I have noticed that when the focuser is fully extended if I hold the star diagonal gently I can move it in any direction approx. 2 or 3 mm.
      I also own an 80mm zenithstar and this problem does not exist. I have adjusted the focuser tension (with locking screw released)so that is not a factor.
      The previous owner assures me the scope was new 6 months ago and that he has had no issues.
      There are also 2 small "scrathes" that run parallel with each other on either side of the focuser that are visible as it is extended.
      Do I have a serious problem here as this was a very expensive purchase for me and as an engineer I feel something is amiss! Any ideas?

      Sincere regards

      Tony