Re: [William Optics] Last of three First Light Photos

  • Tom Arrington
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7 10:59 AM
      Sander,

      Thanks.

      In PBase you can scroll down a bit and different photo sizes are
      available. I leave the orignal size available and it is quite large.

      Tom

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

      > Looking good Tom! The images are a bit small to see detail but they
      look
      > good.
      >
      > Sander
      >
      > Tom Arrington wrote:
      > >

      > > Here is the last of three "First Light" photos from my new W/O FLT
      > > 110mm Lite telescope. I captured only 30 minutes, but with 3 10
      > > minute subs. I am surprised with how much detail was available
      after
      > > only 30 minutes. The plan was to get at least 1 hour of these
      > > galaxies, but the wind came up and since I was attempting 10
      minute
      > > sub-exposures I figured I should just pack up and go home.
      > >
      > > Details are with the photo, which can be found with the link
      below.

      > > http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>
      > >
      > > or
      > >
      > > http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
      <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>

      > > Comments or suggestions are welcome.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Tom

    • Sander Pool
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7 11:36 AM
        Hi Tom,

        sorry, I didn't scroll down :) The 1:1 version is great. Better than
        what I have with a few hours of exposure I think. Your skies must be
        pretty good although your use of an LPS suggests you have light
        pollution like I do?

        Sander

        Tom Arrington wrote:

        > Sander,
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > In PBase you can scroll down a bit and different photo sizes are
        > available. I leave the orignal size available and it is quite large.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Looking good Tom! The images are a bit small to see detail but they
        > look
        > > good.
        > >
        > > Sander
        > >
        > > Tom Arrington wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Here is the last of three "First Light" photos from my new W/O FLT
        > > > 110mm Lite telescope. I captured only 30 minutes, but with 3 10
        > > > minute subs. I am surprised with how much detail was available
        > after
        > > > only 30 minutes. The plan was to get at least 1 hour of these
        > > > galaxies, but the wind came up and since I was attempting 10
        > minute
        > > > sub-exposures I figured I should just pack up and go home.
        > > >
        > > > Details are with the photo, which can be found with the link
        > below.
        > > >
        > > > http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>
        > <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>>
        > > >
        > > > or
        > > >
        > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
        > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>
        > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
        > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>>
        > > >
        > > > Comments or suggestions are welcome.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > >
        > > > Tom

      • Tom Arrington
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7 12:35 PM
          Thanks Sander,

          I was pretty pleased with that image, can't wait to try it with two
          or mour hours of integration.

          The sky from my house is terrible. I need to travel about 10 miles
          to get good sky's. Not a bad trip. From where I image the western
          half of the sky is very good, about mag 6 skys, no sky dome. I
          always use the LSP filter, since to the east and north I have a
          pronounced sky dome upto about 60 degrees.