Re: [William Optics] Last of three First Light Photos

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
      Looking good Tom! The images are a bit small to see detail but they look
      good.

      Sander

      Tom Arrington wrote:

      > Here is the last of three "First Light" photos from my new W/O FLT
      > 110mm Lite telescope. I captured only 30 minutes, but with 3 10
      > minute subs. I am surprised with how much detail was available after
      > only 30 minutes. The plan was to get at least 1 hour of these
      > galaxies, but the wind came up and since I was attempting 10 minute
      > sub-exposures I figured I should just pack up and go home.
      >
      > Details are with the photo, which can be found with the link below.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>
      >
      > or
      >
      > http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306 <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>
      >
      > Comments or suggestions are welcome.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Tom
    • Tom Arrington
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
        Sander,

        Thanks.

        In PBase you can scroll down a bit and different photo sizes are
        available. I leave the orignal size available and it is quite large.

        Tom

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

        > Looking good Tom! The images are a bit small to see detail but they
        look
        > good.
        >
        > Sander
        >
        > Tom Arrington wrote:
        > >

        > > Here is the last of three "First Light" photos from my new W/O FLT
        > > 110mm Lite telescope. I captured only 30 minutes, but with 3 10
        > > minute subs. I am surprised with how much detail was available
        after
        > > only 30 minutes. The plan was to get at least 1 hour of these
        > > galaxies, but the wind came up and since I was attempting 10
        minute
        > > sub-exposures I figured I should just pack up and go home.
        > >
        > > Details are with the photo, which can be found with the link
        below.

        > > http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>
        > >
        > > or
        > >
        > > http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
        <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>

        > > Comments or suggestions are welcome.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Tom

      • Sander Pool
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
          Hi Tom,

          sorry, I didn't scroll down :) The 1:1 version is great. Better than
          what I have with a few hours of exposure I think. Your skies must be
          pretty good although your use of an LPS suggests you have light
          pollution like I do?

          Sander

          Tom Arrington wrote:

          > Sander,
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > In PBase you can scroll down a bit and different photo sizes are
          > available. I leave the orignal size available and it is quite large.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Looking good Tom! The images are a bit small to see detail but they
          > look
          > > good.
          > >
          > > Sander
          > >
          > > Tom Arrington wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Here is the last of three "First Light" photos from my new W/O FLT
          > > > 110mm Lite telescope. I captured only 30 minutes, but with 3 10
          > > > minute subs. I am surprised with how much detail was available
          > after
          > > > only 30 minutes. The plan was to get at least 1 hour of these
          > > > galaxies, but the wind came up and since I was attempting 10
          > minute
          > > > sub-exposures I figured I should just pack up and go home.
          > > >
          > > > Details are with the photo, which can be found with the link
          > below.
          > > >
          > > > http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>
          > <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz <http://tinyurl.com/anmknz>>
          > > >
          > > > or
          > > >
          > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
          > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>
          > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306
          > <http://www.pbase.com/image/108956306>>
          > > >
          > > > Comments or suggestions are welcome.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > >
          > > > Tom

        • Tom Arrington
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
            Thanks Sander,

            I was pretty pleased with that image, can't wait to try it with two
            or mour hours of integration.

            The sky from my house is terrible. I need to travel about 10 miles
            to get good sky's. Not a bad trip. From where I image the western
            half of the sky is very good, about mag 6 skys, no sky dome. I
            always use the LSP filter, since to the east and north I have a
            pronounced sky dome upto about 60 degrees.