Field Flattener

  • James Gray
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2009
      Hi all,

      What Focal Reducer should I use to connect my Nikon D40x and a Megrez72?

      Thanks,

      James
    • rich.crowell@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013

        I recently acquired an older TMB FLT 110. I am not sure exactly of what vintage.   WO makes several field flatteners as well other manufacturers.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to which would be the best choice mated to this scope.  I am using a 2 ½’ Moonlite focuser.  I am not sure if that would influence the choice.

        Rich

      • paulo mesquita
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013
        Hi Rich,

        attached are the photos of the correct FF for that WO FLT and for the 132FTL...I jsut don't know if it will fit your moolite. You may always ask ron Newman at Moonlite what fits and where.

        Paulo Mesquita
        Portugal

        To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
        From: rich.crowell1@...
        Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700
        Subject: [William Optics] Field Flattener

        I recently acquired an older TMB FLT 110. I am not sure exactly of what vintage.   WO makes several field flatteners as well other manufacturers.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to which would be the best choice mated to this scope.  I am using a 2 ½’ Moonlite focuser.  I am not sure if that would influence the choice.

        Rich

      • Craig Smith
        Message 4 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013

          Rich –

          If you have the Moonlite focuser with a threaded 68mm drawtube, you can purchase an adaptor from Moonlite that will thread into a TMB flattener (like Paul is showing) on one end and into the Moonlite focuser on the other.  If you have a 2-1/2” compression drawtube, you could choose to switch it out for a 68mm threaded version, I believe.  Not advocating this but just saying it is an option to get the entire setup threaded.

          Craig Smith

          From: rich.crowell1@...
          Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700

          Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013
            Paulo thank you for the picture but do you have a model #?  I am thinking that WO has changed this product.  I suspect that the Feild Flattener 68 is the unit I want but WO doesn't seem to produce it any more.  Has anyone had any experience with a currently produced flattener and this scope.

            Rich

            From: rich.crowell1@...
            Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700

            Message 6 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
              Hi Rich,

              WO doesn't make them anymore...but you're in luck. Teleskop Service does. Here is the link to the product page:

              http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4047_TS-PHOTOLINE-3--Flattener-for-Refractors---68mm-corrected---illuminated-field.html

              They even have it in stock...you just need to order it. If by any change you're not in Europe and need help shipping it overseas, I can help. And if you talk to Christoph at Teleskop Express, tell him you' re a friend of Paulo Mesquita from Portugal.

              cheers
              Paulo

              To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com

              From: rich.crowell1@...
              Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700

              I recently acquired an older TMB FLT 110. I am not sure exactly of what vintage.   WO makes several field flatteners as well other manufacturers.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to which would be the best choice mated to this scope.  I am using a 2 ½’ Moonlite focuser.  I am not sure if that would influence the choice.

              Rich

            • brian courland
              Message 7 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
                This is the link to a WO field flattener currently on sale on ice in space an Australian site- perhaps you can ask the seller?

                Registered User

                UniPol is offline

                Location: Winmalee, Lower Blue Mountains, NSW
                William Optics Field Flattener for FLT-110 & FLT-132

                This high-quality flattener with 68mm of free aperture has been engineered and CNC machined for AP use with William Optics FLT - 98, FLT-110 & FLT-132 APO refractors. Designed by leading designer Thomas Back for the FLT line. Comes with the normally optional extension tube. $350 inc. postage

                From: rich.crowell1@...
                Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700

                Message 8 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
                  good choice!