Re: Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

  • madpc123
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi Sander,

      What a fantastic image !!

      Great colour and detail :-)

      I look forwards to some more !

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
      > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
      > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
      right to
      > the front of the queue though.
      >
      > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
      hour
      > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
      minutes)
      > of this spectacular target.
      >
      > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
      crop
      > available too).
      >
      > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
      >
      > Details on the site.
      >
      > Comments welcomed, of course.
      >
      > Sander

    • Chris Schroeder
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
        Great image, well done Sander. I've set it as my desktop on my laptop.
        Clear Skies, Chris

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
        > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
        > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
        right to
        > the front of the queue though.
        >
        > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
        hour
        > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
        minutes)
        > of this spectacular target.
        >
        > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
        crop
        > available too).
        >
        > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
        >
        > Details on the site.
        >
        > Comments welcomed, of course.
        >
        > Sander

      • Sander Pool
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thank you and Chris!

          madpc123 wrote:

          > Hi Sander,
          >
          > What a fantastic image !!
          >
          > Great colour and detail :-)
          >
          > I look forwards to some more !
          >
          > -

        • madpc
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008

            Lol,

            You mean Paul J

            --

            Paul Gordon

            madpc@...

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
              Great detail and I really like the composition with the wide open
              spaces to left and right. It seems to really show it uo as an object
              in infinite (well not quite) space.
              Geoff

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
              > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
              > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
              right to
              > the front of the queue though.
              >
              > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
              hour
              > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
              minutes)
              > of this spectacular target.
              >
              > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
              crop
              > available too).
              >
              > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
              >
              > Details on the site.
              >
              > Comments welcomed, of course.
              >
              > Sander

            • Sander Pool
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
                Thanks Geoff. Lucky for me the composition of the full field is simply
                the Horsehead in the middle and North up :)

                Sander

                Geoff Smith wrote:

                > Great detail and I really like the composition with the wide open
                > spaces to left and right. It seems to really show it uo as an object
                > in infinite (well not quite) space.
                > Geoff

              • Sander Pool
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
                  Sorry Paul, I saw only your handle 'madpc' :)

                  I meant to thank -you- and Chris for his nice email.

                  Sander