[William Optics] Re: Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

  • John Wall III
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 31, 2008
      I'll be looking forward to it. I'm getting Air Dryers added to my
      CCD Cams now to get them colder. Not as good as Nitrogen, but I'm
      hoping for an improvment. In the mean time, I seem to have forgotten
      everything I knew about my DSLR Camera. Keep up the good work!

      John

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

      > Thanks John. Not sure about talented, tenacious perhaps :)
      >
      > Yes, I wrote that program. It helped my images a great deal. I'm
      > considering 'productizing' for others to use as well. For free of
      course.

      > Sander
      >
      > John Wall III wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow! That's quite nice. Your very talented. Did you write that
      > > special software too?
      > >
      > > John
      > >
      > > -

    • madpc123
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
        Hi Sander,

        What a fantastic image !!

        Great colour and detail :-)

        I look forwards to some more !

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
        > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
        > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
        right to
        > the front of the queue though.
        >
        > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
        hour
        > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
        minutes)
        > of this spectacular target.
        >
        > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
        crop
        > available too).
        >
        > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
        >
        > Details on the site.
        >
        > Comments welcomed, of course.
        >
        > Sander

      • Chris Schroeder
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
          Great image, well done Sander. I've set it as my desktop on my laptop.
          Clear Skies, Chris

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
          > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
          > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
          right to
          > the front of the queue though.
          >
          > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
          hour
          > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
          minutes)
          > of this spectacular target.
          >
          > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
          crop
          > available too).
          >
          > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
          >
          > Details on the site.
          >
          > Comments welcomed, of course.
          >
          > Sander

        • Sander Pool
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008
            Thank you and Chris!

            madpc123 wrote:

            > Hi Sander,
            >
            > What a fantastic image !!
            >
            > Great colour and detail :-)
            >
            > I look forwards to some more !
            >
            > -

          • madpc
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 2, 2008

              Lol,

              You mean Paul J

              --

              Paul Gordon

              madpc@...

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
                Great detail and I really like the composition with the wide open
                spaces to left and right. It seems to really show it uo as an object
                in infinite (well not quite) space.
                Geoff

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > been a while since I posted an image. I actually have a substantial
                > backlog of stacks that need some more time, just not getting around
                > massaging them into images I'd like to publish. This one popped
                right to
                > the front of the queue though.
                >
                > Orion is finally appearing above the trees in my yard at a decent
                hour
                > (say 1AM) so I was glad to get some decent exposures (26 x 10
                minutes)
                > of this spectacular target.
                >
                > http://gallery.tungstentech.com/main.php?g2_itemId=939 (wide field,
                crop
                > available too).
                >
                > M110 IDAS-LPS TRF-2008 QHY8 on an EQ6.
                >
                > Details on the site.
                >
                > Comments welcomed, of course.
                >
                > Sander

              • Sander Pool
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
                  Thanks Geoff. Lucky for me the composition of the full field is simply
                  the Horsehead in the middle and North up :)

                  Sander

                  Geoff Smith wrote:

                  > Great detail and I really like the composition with the wide open
                  > spaces to left and right. It seems to really show it uo as an object
                  > in infinite (well not quite) space.
                  > Geoff

                • Sander Pool
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 3, 2008
                    Sorry Paul, I saw only your handle 'madpc' :)

                    I meant to thank -you- and Chris for his nice email.

                    Sander