TMB Super Mono Info's

  • Markus Ludes
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2003
      TMB Super Monocentric Eyepiece 1.25", MADE IN GERMANY

      On request for amateurs with real high end Planetary Telescopes the
      sources for high end Planetary eyepieces have been very limited in
      past time, after Carl Zeiss Jena discontinued here famous Abbe
      orthoscopic eyepieces and Pentax discontinued here famous SMC-
      orthoscopic eyepieces.
      Due the big interested, TMB-Optical started to design a new
      monocentric eyepiece, which is a triplet cememented eyepiece with
      only 2 air to glas surfaces, well known from Zeiss jena as an
      noncompromissing , free of ghost image , highest contrast eyepiece.
      The negative part of this eyepiecedesign is the narrov field of only
      30° FOV and the extremly short eyerelief

      The positive part of this design:
      - zero ghost image
      - highest contrast of any eyepiece design
      - higher concentration on the observed detail due the narrow field
      - super high transmission broadband coating

      The quality controle is guaranteed due a famous manufactor who is
      located here in Germany.

      Details:

      Focallenght Diameter Fieldstop Field of
      View Eye Relief Size Exportprice Retail
      in Europe incl. 16% VAT

      4 mm 2.20 mm 30
      degree 3.4 mm 1.25" US $
      195 Euro 195
      5 mm 2.72 mm 30
      degree 4.2 mm 1.25" US $
      195 Euro 195
      6 mm 3.25 mm 30
      degree 5.1 mm 1.25" US $
      195 Euro 195
      8 mm 4.25 mm 30
      degree 6.8 mm 1.25" US $
      195 Euro 195
      10 mm 5.30 mm 30
      degree 8.5 mm 1.25" US $
      195 Euro 195

      Above prices are EX Germany, plus shipping cost

      shipping cost for outside of Europe
      - noninshured surface post US $ 20 per shipment
      - inshured UPS US $ 60 per shipment

      The new eyepieces are a non limited production run. However now for
      the beginning we have an big waiting list, so please ask for actual
      delivery time for your new order.

      Under new development: a high end matching Barlowlens 1.25"

      Your APM-Team

      Follow up: a first review from the Master, Thomas M. Back

      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2003
        Hey, Markus, you wouldn't be Spammin' us here now would ya?

        I mean, whenever I see a huge, unsolicited product alert with
        attached review posted by a retailer for no thread-related reason, I
        just naturally think of tinned pork meat of dubious nutritional
        value.

        Am I wrong here?? Or is it just my allergies acting up.

        FYI - common courtesy for retailers making non-thread-response
        product announcements on newsgroups and such is to place an "ANN: "
        or "COMMERCIAL: " at the beginning of the subject line.

        It is a free univese, however, so you are, of course, free to behave
        like any animal by-product you want :-)

        -Paul S. Walsh

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"
        <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
        > TMB Super Monocentric Eyepiece 1.25", MADE IN GERMANY
        >
        > On request for amateurs with real high end Planetary Telescopes
        the
        > sources for high end Planetary eyepieces have been very limited in
        > past time, after Carl Zeiss Jena discontinued here famous Abbe
        > orthoscopic eyepieces and Pentax discontinued here famous SMC-
      • Paul K
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2003
          Paul, I think this particular post, although commercial in nature, is
          certainly relevant to the group and not at all off-topic spam. Markus
          sells WO equipment and has every right to post information that the
          group readers will find interesting and relevant, IMHO.

          Considering the upcoming Mars opposition, a good planetary eyepiece
          is more than relevant, don't you think? :)

          Regards,

          -Paul K

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Walsh" <filmdos@n...>
          wrote:
          > Hey, Markus, you wouldn't be Spammin' us here now would ya?
        • Paul S. Walsh
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2003
            No problem - I see your points and I'm willing to concede that it could be
            viewed as relevant - and I'm certainly willing to be in line with the
            desires of the group regarding this kind of thing - it was just that the
            posting struck me as being out of place - but participation is sparse for
            this group so ANY post can seem out of place, I guess - including mine :-)

            -Paul W.