Bracket for FLT132

  • Yoshio Kitajima
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am a new member in this site.
      I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
      And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
      bracket from the online shop.
      The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
      two straight holes on the body.
      Am I mistake for order?
      Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?
      http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg

      http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg
      Yoshio Kitajima
      JAPAN
      mailto:ae3y-ktjm@...
      http://starlightcafe.jp
    • Timm Bottoni
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008

        I can't say for sure, but I have the same bracket mounted with the
        single middle hole in the bracket on my Megrez 80FD and it works fine.
        I check it now and then to make sure it stays tight since it can
        loosen over time and I am afraid to tighten it down too tight for fear
        of stripping the threads. I wish it had two holes since it would not
        have any chance of moving then, but I think the bracket was designed
        to work with a variety of scope models -- you would have to ask WO to
        be sure though.

        If you look at the close up picture I included in my Astromart review
        it might help, as it might be the same way it would work on your FLT132.

        http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=585

        Timm

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Yoshio Kitajima <ae3y-ktjm@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am a new member in this site.
        > I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
        > And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
        > bracket from the online shop.
        > The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
        > two straight holes on the body.
        > Am I mistake for order?
        > Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?
        > http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg
        >
        > http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg
        > Yoshio Kitajima
        > JAPAN
        > mailto:ae3y-ktjm@...
        > http://starlightcafe.jp

      • StarCat
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008
          Yoshio,

          You will notice that the screws with the bracket are of different
          size. This is for the two different screws used on the various WO scopes.
          Select the one appropriate for your scope. Although there are 3 holes in
          the bracket, only one is used. Typically the center one is used. The
          outside holes are for the rare instance where the bracket would hit the
          focuser rotator screw. Setting it back slightly alleviates this issue. I'm
          not sure which screw hole on the scope to use, as there should only be one
          on each side of the logo. My guess would be the single holes closer to the
          back of the scope.

          Forever clear skies & great seeing!
          Cheers, Ed
          RASC - Calgary Centre
          POD Astro Dome Observatory
          N 51° 05' 10.06" W 113° 58' 22.24"

          > I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
          > And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
          > bracket from the online shop.
          > The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
          > two straight holes on the body.
          > Am I mistake for order?
          > Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?
          > http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg
          >
          > http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg
          > Yoshio Kitajima
          > JAPAN
          > mailto:ae3y-ktjm@...
          > http://starlightcafe.jp
          >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > www.williamoptics.com www.williamopticsracing.comYahoo!
          Groups Links

        • Ed Wozney
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008

            ktjm@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I am a new member in this site.
            > I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
            > And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
            > bracket from the online shop.
            > The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
            > two straight holes on the body.
            > Am I mistake for order?
            > Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?
            > http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg
            >
            > http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg
            > Yoshio Kitajima
            > JAPAN
            > mailto:ae3y-ktjm@...
            > http://starlightcafe.jp

          • Yoshio Kitajima
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2008
              Thanks Timm,

              I got the answer from WO at this morning.
              In Japan,the telescope maker give the manual to user.
              But I do not receive the manual from WO.

              href="http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=585">http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=585

              href="mailto:William-Optics@yahoogroups.com">William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Yoshio Kitajima <ae3y-ktjm@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi all,
              > >
              > > I am a new member in this site.
              > > I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
              > > And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
              > > bracket from the online shop.
              > > The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
              > > two straight holes on the body.
              > > Am I mistake for order?
              > > Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?

              href="http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg">http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg

              href="http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg">http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg

              Yoshio Kitajima
              JAPAN
            • Yoshio Kitajima
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 9, 2008
                Thanks a lot Ed,

                I'll try to attach the bracket for your thought .
                (the single holes closer to the back of the scope)
                Will it be common that there is not a manual if I purchase a telescope?

                > Yoshio,
                >
                > You will notice that the screws with the bracket are of
                > different size. This is for the two different screws used on the
                > various WO scopes. Select the one appropriate for your scope.
                > Although there are 3 holes in the bracket, only one is used.
                > Typically the center one is used. The outside holes are for the rare
                > instance where the bracket would hit the focuser rotator screw.
                > Setting it back slightly alleviates this issue. I'm not sure which
                > screw hole on the scope to use, as there should only be one on each
                > side of the logo. My guess would be the single holes closer to the
                > back of the scope.
                >
                > Forever clear skies & great seeing!
                > Cheers, Ed
                > RASC - Calgary Centre
                > POD Astro Dome Observatory
                > N 51ー 05' 10.06" W 113ー 58' 22.24"
                >

                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Yoshio Kitajima <ae3y-
                > ktjm@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > I am a new member in this site.
                > > I bought FLT132 recently from Japanese dealer.
                > > And today I bought bracket quick releace 50mm
                > > bracket from the online shop.
                > > The bracket has two screws but FLT132 do not have
                > > two straight holes on the body.
                > > Am I mistake for order?
                > > Or have I attach the bracket only one screw?
                > > http://124.146.197.203/flt/flt132.jpg
                > >
                > > http://124.146.197.203/flt/bracket2.jpg
                > > Yoshio Kitajima
                > > JAPAN