ATWB sole distributor?

  • izzie45895
    Message 1 of 11 , May 10, 2003
      Folks,
      Anyone know if ATWB is the sole distributor of WO products? I ordered
      a 2" 45* diagonal the first of the week. Got an email stating they
      were out of stock and it was backordered. I tried to get an expected
      ship date. After 5 emails and 1 phone call to David Y at ATWB and 1
      email to Herb, I still have no clue as no one has cared to respond. I
      emailed William Yang and he responded saying that they were in stock
      and ready for shipment on the WO website. However I see no point if
      they are just going to forward the order to ATWB. Does WO ship their
      products themselves from somewhere in the states?

      Thanks,
      Izzie
    • J Boyd
      Message 2 of 11 , May 10, 2003
        Izzie,

        Try this link

        John

        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2003
          John,
          Many thanks. I'll give them a call.

          Izzie

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "J Boyd" <jb2064@c...> wrote:
          > Izzie,
          >
          > Try this link
          >
          > http://www.optcorp.com/cart/productlist.asp?
          SearchGroup=ALL&SearchBy=PR_MANUFACTID&SearchFor=97

          > John

        • Herb York
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2003
            OPT sells Wo products - did you try them?
            There is someone in Canada too - don't know the name off the top of my head and WO will sell you direct.
            Sorry we are out of stock.
            Herb
            ATWB

            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2003

              We have had them on order with WO for quite some time. We will be contacting WO to see why they have them and we do not. I spoke with David and he assures me that he did reply to your email. I don’t know what happened but you are always welcome to call our 800# (below) or email me directly ray@... and I will get you an answer. Thank you.

              Ray York

              Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird

              http://www.BuyTelescopes.com

              http://www.PlanetCameras.com

              (800) 850-2001

              Message 6 of 11 , May 10, 2003
                And there are these two more:
                www.firstquarteroptics.com
                and
                www.astrosales.com
                Good luck.

                Herb

                ATWB

                Message 7 of 11 , May 10, 2003
                  Herb,
                  Your being out of stock I can accept. I wanted to order from you
                  because I read good things about your store. But as a network
                  administrator 50% of my job is customer service. I seriously feel as
                  though I have been lost in the cracks on this one. If I don't have an
                  answer for my customers I will at least contact them and them and
                  tell them "I don't have an answer for you at this time, but I will
                  find out for you" and give them a time frame. Then make sure I
                  contact them again within that time frame. I don't just ignore them
                  and hope they will not bother me.
                  Please don't take this as a flame - that isn't my intention. Just an
                  explanation.

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Herb York" <herb@b...> wrote:
                  > And there are these two more:
                  > www.firstquarteroptics.com
                  > and
                  > www.astrosales.com
                  > Good luck.
                  >
                  > Herb
                  >
                  > ATWB

                  Service.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Service.
                • Herb York
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 10, 2003
                    The "crack" you may have fallen through is that Ray was down here with me for the last few days. Paula and I flew my folks and my kids and granddaughter down to see us for a few days. I have not seen my folks in over a year.
                    Anyway they left Thursday and got home late evening. I believe you emailed me on Thursday? I forward emails about stock or shippings to Ray to distribute to staff or to answer himself. I know he was buried until and probably thought this weekend getting caught up.
                    No excuses just background. ATWB has a very good record on getting back to clients as we are online a LOT.
                    I am sorry if this time we failed you  - it can happen but usually does not.
                    Thanks
                    Herb
                    ATWB
                    Your being out of stock I can accept. I wanted to order from you
                    because I read good things about your store. But as a network
                    administrator 50% of my job is customer service. I seriously feel as
                    though I have been lost in the cracks on this one. If I don't have an
                    answer for my customers I will at least contact them and them and
                    tell them "I don't have an answer for you at this time, but I will
                    find out for you" and give them a time frame. Then make sure I
                    contact them again within that time frame. I don't just ignore them
                    and hope they will not bother me.
                    Please don't take this as a flame - that isn't my intention. Just an
                    explanation.

                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Herb York" <herb@b...> wrote:
                    > And there are these two more:
                    > www.firstquarteroptics.com
                    > and
                    > www.astrosales.com
                    > Good luck.
                    >
                    > Herb
                    >
                    > ATWB

                    Service.

                    >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Service.

                  • Ray York
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 10, 2003

                      Izzie,

                      We do not accept that type of treatment of our customers either. If that ever happens, I would appreciate an email letting me know. We have very conscientious and knowledgeable staff here. Sometimes things can happen but we work very hard to stay on top of every request and inquiry as well as each follow up question. Thank you for contacting us originally and I assure you that your recent experience is not indicative of future performance.

                      Ray York

                      Manager

                      Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird

                      http://www.BuyTelescopes.com

                      http://www.PlanetCameras.com

                      (800) 850-2001

                      Your being out of stock I can accept. I wanted to order from you
                      because I read good things about your store. But as a network
                      administrator 50% of my job is customer service. I seriously feel as
                      though I have been lost in the cracks on this one. If I don't have an
                      answer for my customers I will at least contact them and them and
                      tell them "I don't have an answer for you at this time, but I will
                      find out for you" and give them a time frame. Then make sure I
                      contact them again within that time frame. I don't just ignore them
                      and hope they will not bother me.
                      Please don't take this as a flame - that isn't my intention. Just an
                      explanation.

                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Herb York" <herb@b...> wrote:
                      > And there are these two more:
                      > www.firstquarteroptics.com
                      > and
                      > www.astrosales.com
                      > Good luck.
                      >
                      > Herb
                      >
                      > ATWB

                      Service.

                      >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Service.

                    • Greg Pyros
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 10, 2003
                        Izzy:

                        Just wanted to put a note in here to you saying that I pretty much
                        buy everything I need from ATWB, and have never had any sort of issue
                        with them. I even see that they gave you the names of their
                        competition since they don't have the item you are looking for in
                        stock - this is the level of customer service that they are well
                        known for. I'm sure this was an isolated incident, I found they will
                        bend over backwards to help a customer.

                        Greg Pyros
                        http://www.gregpyros.com

                        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "izzie45895" <izzie45895@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > Herb,
                        > Your being out of stock I can accept. I wanted to order from you
                        > because I read good things about your store. But as a network
                        > administrator 50% of my job is customer service. I seriously feel
                        as
                        > though I have been lost in the cracks on this one. If I don't have
                        an
                        > answer for my customers I will at least contact them and them and
                        > tell them "I don't have an answer for you at this time, but I will
                        > find out for you" and give them a time frame. Then make sure I
                        > contact them again within that time frame. I don't just ignore them
                        > and hope they will not bother me.
                        > Please don't take this as a flame - that isn't my intention. Just
                        an
                        > explanation.

                      • Dan Wolk
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 11, 2003