Re: William Optics Ebay scam or William Optics' unfair business practices?

  • williammoderator07
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2008
      Dear All.
      Couple months ago we warned our customers about Fraud on Ebay and
      suggested to contact us directly if you receive suspicious second
      chance offers or emails like this:
      --------------------
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hi Everyone.
        For those who are interested in Demo (show-room) WO telescopes such
        as M88, M72 and M90, please, check WO Ebay listing.
        Regards,
        WO

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williammoderator07"
        <williammoderator07@...> wrote:

        > Dear All.
        > Couple months ago we warned our customers about Fraud on Ebay and
        > suggested to contact us directly if you receive suspicious second
        > chance offers or emails like this:
        > --------------------

      • David
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 5, 2008
          Tomas,

          The moderators at the Stellarvue group did take action and he was
          banned from the group. He seems to be trying the same crap here,
          presenting "The truth according to Crayfish" I love the fact some one
          tagged him crawdad must be a Louisiana boy ;@)

          David

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com,zverjuga2005 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Wow...Crayfish is member of this group now :-)))))
          > I had some fun reading recent posts on Stellarvue group where all
          > members voted to terminate Crayfish membership...
          > I am not sure if they did that or not...but they called you
          > troll..for bad mouth everyone. Are you trying to do the same here?
          >
          > I would suggest William Optics moderators to read those posts on SV
          > group.
        • Timm Bottoni
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2008
            Moderators here only step in if really necessary.

            And yes, I do read a few other groups when I have time ;-)

            Timm

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "David" <z32lunacity@...> wrote:

            > Tomas,
            >
            > The moderators at the Stellarvue group did take action and he was
            > banned from the group. He seems to be trying the same crap here,
            > presenting "The truth according to Crayfish" I love the fact some one
            > tagged him crawdad must be a Louisiana boy ;@)
            >
            > David
            >

            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com,zverjuga2005 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Wow...Crayfish is member of this group now :-)))))
            > > I had some fun reading recent posts on Stellarvue group where all
            > > members voted to terminate Crayfish membership...
            > > I am not sure if they did that or not...but they called you
            > > troll..for bad mouth everyone. Are you trying to do the same here?
            > >
            > > I would suggest William Optics moderators to read those posts on SV
            > > group.

          • williammoderator07
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 11, 2008
              Dear All.
              We would like one more time to warn you about Spoof emails on Ebay.
              William Optics will not ask you to send money to different account or
              different email.
              Please, be careful.
              See Spoof email below:
              ------
              Message from eBay Member : williamoptics , Regarding - Item
              1502908524XXThursday, September 11, 2008 3:32 AM
              From: "Justin" <justin2000m@...>Add sender to Contacts To:
              xxx@...
              Hi XXX,
              Thank you ,your winnig price for my item:
              ----
              Item number : 1502908524XX
              Item title : William Optics Demo Megrez 88 FD Doublet OTA Telescope
              Located in : Taipei, default, Taiwan Ended today : Sep-10-08
              20:43:30 PDT Is : US $XXX.00
              ----
              Please contact me as soon as possible for new payment instructions
              (don't pay until you contact me). We can't use paypal right
              now,because i have change my bank account number & my paypal account
              will be active in 10 days .If you have already sent the money -" US
              $XXX.00 ",please cancel your! order,in any case contact me for new
              payment instructions . We will make the transaction through paypal
              system.
              --------------------
              Best Regards, williamoptics

              WO

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni" <t.bottoni@...>
              wrote:

              > Moderators here only step in if really necessary.
              >
              > And yes, I do read a few other groups when I have time ;-)
              >
              > Timm
              >
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "David" <z32lunacity@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Tomas,
              > >
              > > The moderators at the Stellarvue group did take action and he was
              > > banned from the group. He seems to be trying the same crap here,
              > > presenting "The truth according to Crayfish" I love the fact some
              one
              > > tagged him crawdad must be a Louisiana boy ;@)
              > >
              > > David
              > >

              > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com,zverjuga2005 <no_reply@>
              wrote:

              > > > Wow...Crayfish is member of this group now :-)))))
              > > > I had some fun reading recent posts on Stellarvue group where
              all
              > > > members voted to terminate Crayfish membership...
              > > > I am not sure if they did that or not...but they called you
              > > > troll..for bad mouth everyone. Are you trying to do the same
              here?

              > > > I would suggest William Optics moderators to read those posts
              on SV
              > > > group.

            • gille6565
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 13, 2008
                I bid for an M90 that WO were selling on Ebay a few months ago. I was
                outbid but WO offered me a second-chance offer to buy one. After
                checking it was a genuine offer from WO I accepted and it arrived a
                couple of days later in perfect condition.