New FLT 98 vs megrez 90

  • lgw09
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29 12:59 PM
      Hi all.

      I saw the new FLT 98 at my reseller, quite nice ( I'll try to stay
      cool). Compared to a Megrez 90 what would you say, is it much much
      better? Anyone tested them sort of "side by side"? Does the WO
      flattener III work with the FLT 98?

      Best

      Lars
    • Paul Gordon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30 1:53 PM

        Hi Lars,

        I have owned the Megrez 90 it’s a great scope but would say the FLT-98’s colour

        correction would be a little better. The flattener III does work though It needs to be fitted correctly.

        The focuser is better than the Megrez 90 and the scope a little lighter.

        This said I have taken some of my best images with a Megrez 90 EOS 350D combo and no flattener: -

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/William-Optics-Megrez-90/EOS-350D/Nebula/Bubble-12-09-2007.jpg

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/William-Optics-Megrez-90/EOS-350D/Nebula/M16-24-07-2007.jpg

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/William-Optics-Megrez-90/EOS-350D/Nebula/M17-24-07-2007.jpg

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/William-Optics-Megrez-90/EOS-350D/Nebula/M42-11-11-2007b.jpg

        http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/William-Optics-Megrez-90/EOS-350D/Open-Clusters/Double-Cluster-10-09-07.jpg

        I would not say it is much, much better though!

        Regards,

        --

        Paul Gordon

        paul@...