Re: [William-Optics] 2" Focuser

  • Pedro Pereira
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2003

      after studying the focuser drwaings this week I found out that there is a problem about replacing the original focuser by the WO focuser, wich seems to be the diameter of the drawtube being larger than in the Meade focuser, 58 mm against 55 mm.
      Would anyone please confirm if the focuser draw tube is 55 mm and the size of whole in the OTA ?

      thanks,

      Pedro.
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006
        I received an invitation to join, so here I am. Probably had something
        to do with my recent order of a WO 66 APO. Anacortes says it has
        shipped, and in fact FedUP showes it enroute!
        Thought I would post a pic of WHY I have ordered the 66 APO. Probably
        self explanatory, but the CA on the 300mm telephoto lens at f/4 is
        pretty bad. Fortunately on regular photography at one stop down the
        images are very good indeed.

        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/newtmaker/WaltsM421sttry.jpg

        Walt
      • Jon Allee
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Hamler" <whamler@...>
          wrote:

          > I received an invitation to join, so here I am. Probably had
          something
          > to do with my recent order of a WO 66 APO. Anacortes says it has
          > shipped, and in fact FedUP showes it enroute!
          > Thought I would post a pic of WHY I have ordered the 66 APO. Probably
          > self explanatory, but the CA on the 300mm telephoto lens at f/4 is
          > pretty bad. Fortunately on regular photography at one stop down the
          > images are very good indeed.
          >
          > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/newtmaker/WaltsM421sttry.jpg
          >
          > Walt

          Walt,

          Welcome to the group. I'm new too, not a bad group lots of info from
          Hal, Chris and Timm plus many others. Anyway, your picture of M42 was
          stunning even if it was completely off color. But what a great reason
          to buy a WO66APO. ENJOY....

          Jon Allee
          ZS80FD
        • Paul Gordon
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006
            William-Optics@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            > I received an invitation to join, so here I am. Probably had
            > something to do with my recent order of a WO 66 APO.
            > Anacortes says it has shipped, and in fact FedUP showes it enroute!
            > Thought I would post a pic of WHY I have ordered the 66 APO.
            > Probably self explanatory, but the CA on the 300mm telephoto
            > lens at f/4 is pretty bad. Fortunately on regular photography
            > at one stop down the images are very good indeed.
            >
            > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/newtmaker/WaltsM421sttry.jpg
            >
            > Walt

            Your image is pretty good Walt apart from the strong pink's
            In the colour :-)

            I managed to get a couple of images with my ZS66 SD
            http://www.madpc.net/Messier/M42/M42-wide-20-01-06.jpg

            And am quite happy with it!

            Regards,
            --
            Paul Gordon
            paul@...
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 22, 2006
              Hi - I made a post the other day but neglected to introduce myself :-(
              so I'm sorry and will put that right. I am Keith Townsend & I live in
              England - very near to Cambridge and towards the East coast. I have
              owned a series of telescopes from 250mm reflectors to 80mm refractors
              and now have the Megrez 90 Fl Doublet. I am still waiting for the
              mounting plate before being able to set up on my SynScan HEQ5 (V3) for
              some tests. My primary interest is in imaging deep sky objects, for
              which I use an SXV M8c with the SXV guide-head through a Celestron off-
              axis guider and you can see my work to date at:

              www.clear-nights.co.uk

              I am really impressed with the build quality of the WO equipment and
              look forward to some great imaging opportunities and contributing to
              this group.
              Clear skies all and regards
              Keith
            • williamopticsmarketing
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 22, 2006
                Welcome to the group Keith!

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Townsend" <ktownsend@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi - I made a post the other day but neglected to introduce myself :-
                (
              • jvwall3
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
                  Hello Group,

                  My name is John Wall and I've just got into Astrophotagraphy. I'm not
                  a rich man, so for that reason, and for the fact that I enjoy quality,
                  has steered me to the great products of William Optics. I bought the
                  lens upgrade for my Astro-Tech 80 and I'm very impressed. I also got
                  in on the $199 deal for the 66mm semi Apo, seems to be a very hi
                  quality instument. My Astro-Tech focuser slips and quits working when I
                  need it the most(while imaging)so I'm not happy with that. I sure do
                  like the new Megrez 90.

                  Here's a Pic from my 80mm.
                  http://tinyurl.com/yn4joy