Updated NGC6960

  • Matt Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      I had sky, not good sky mind you, last night until the clouds rolled in at 3AM so I was able to get a 2 panel luminance for this image, only 6 x 10 minutes for each panel, but any luminance is better than no luminance at all I suppose. Be sure to refresh your browser when you get to the image so that it displays the new version:

      I also uploaded the luminance, it's a large file even though it has been cropped a lot and then resized, you can see that here if you want:

      Best Regards,

      Matt

    • John Wall III
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        Matt,

        Nice image! It,s good to see an RGB from you. Another DSI Advance
        Group Member did an NGC6960 this month for the monthly challenge with
        a ZS66SD and looks pretty good too, makes me want to try mine. Still
        solid clouds here on the coast. A lot of water is being pulled up
        from the Gulf this year. I just ordered your new DVD, can't wait to
        dive in.

        JVWIII

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Taylor" <matttaylor@...>
        wrote:

        > I had sky, not good sky mind you, last night until the clouds
        rolled in at 3AM so I was able to get a 2 panel luminance for this
        image, only 6 x 10 minutes for each panel, but any luminance is
        better than no luminance at all I suppose. Be sure to refresh your
        browser when you get to the image so that it displays the new version:

        > http://www.pbase.com/mataylor/image/99484433
        >
        > I also uploaded the luminance, it's a large file even though it has
        been cropped a lot and then resized, you can see that here if you
        want:

        > http://www.pbase.com/mataylor/image/99537288
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Matt

      • Matt Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          Thanks John!

          This one is good enough for my DSI group's contest, but not for the William Optics contest. Still waiting for good sky so I can work on an image for the WO contest.

          Did you see the video review I did for the DSC? I've updated it recently, I think it's better: http://www.vimeo.com/1189559

          wrote:

          > I had sky, not good sky mind you, last night until the clouds
          rolled in at 3AM so I was able to get a 2 panel luminance for this
          image, only 6 x 10 minutes for each panel, but any luminance is
          better than no luminance at all I suppose. Be sure to refresh your
          browser when you get to the image so that it displays the new version:

          > http://www.pbase. com/mataylor/ image/99484433
          >
          > I also uploaded the luminance, it's a large file even though it has
          been cropped a lot and then resized, you can see that here if you
          want:

          > http://www.pbase. com/mataylor/ image/99537288
          >
          > Best Regards,
          >
          > Matt

        • John Wall III
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            Yep, I seen it. seems a little smoother now, can't put my finger on
            it, anyway well done. I love my DSC. I would love it more if I had
            skies to use it.

            John