Re: New products coming soon

  • Benjamin
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 5 11:24 PM
      Good idea. That is one of the reasons have not bought any WO
      telescopes. I want a focuser that is perfect. It does not have to be a
      FT, but a better focuser. I have had bouth Takahashi and TMB and like
      them both.

      /Benjamin

      > William
      >
      > Just one other thought - would it be possible to offer these scopes
      > with the option (at extra cost of course) of Feathertouch 3545
      > focusers? The one part of my FLT132 that I am not delighted with is
      > the focuser, while its a very good unit it does have its limitations
      > and I feel it does let down the scope a bit.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Stephen
    • williamoptics2004
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 6 3:10 AM
        Hi Danny,

        1.No Price yet.

        2.YES, collimatable.

        3. Both "BIG BOYs" are hand polished by one of the best Russian
        optician (super high quality)

        4. Since it's so limited, we want to make sure the quality and
        delivery time before taking pre-order.

        Thank you.

        William

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <danjanos@...> wrote:

        > Hi William ,
        > 1-what is the retail going to be on the 158MM and the 150mm
        > 2-will they be in collimatable cells?
        > Are you starting a waiting list? I am eager as many are to see
        those
        > beauties!!
        >
        > danny
        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
        > <williamoptics2004@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Friends,
        > >
        > > I like to share this information to everyone who is interesting
        > > in high quality triplet air-spaced FPL53 APO ,that includes
        158mm F7,
        > > 150mm F8 , 98mm F/6 APO, the specifications and pictures will be
        > > release very soon.(limited quantity)
        > > I will try to show both 158 and 98 at NEAF(NY) and ATT (Germany)
        > >
        > > Also the new sister of M72, M88 F5.6 FD will be ready to ship in
        May!

        > > (very good color correction for photography )
        > >

        > > Thank you.
        > >
        > > William Yang
        > > William Optics

      • howardlazarus58
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 6 4:25 AM
          Steve;
          That is a very good comment. The focuser on the WO 110MM FLT TMB also
          was far from acceptable and the micro focus knob was NOT very durable
          or functionable. I replaced the focuser with the Moonlite Focuser
          which improved the scope 100%.
          I would hold off on getting too excited on this new product...having
          a 15 year old AP 130 f/8...this scope being conservative has a
          focuser that is better than WO and optics that can compete equally
          well...so I am not in a rush and I am sure that price will exceed
          $5,500! If so that is alot of money for this light polluted world!
          Howard

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gille6565" <gille6565@...>
          wrote:

          > William
          >
          > Just one other thought - would it be possible to offer these scopes
          > with the option (at extra cost of course) of Feathertouch 3545
          > focusers? The one part of my FLT132 that I am not delighted with is
          > the focuser, while its a very good unit it does have its limitations
          > and I feel it does let down the scope a bit.
          >
          > regards
          >
          > Stephen
          >

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
          > <williamoptics2004@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Friends,
          > >
          > > I like to share this information to everyone who is interesting
          > > in high quality triplet air-spaced FPL53 APO ,that includes 158mm
          F7,
          > > 150mm F8 , 98mm F/6 APO, the specifications and pictures will be
          > > release very soon.(limited quantity)
          > > I will try to show both 158 and 98 at NEAF(NY) and ATT (Germany)
          > >
          > > Also the new sister of M72, M88 F5.6 FD will be ready to ship in
          May!

          > > (very good color correction for photography )
          > >

          > > Thank you.
          > >
          > > William Yang
          > > William Optics

        • Chris Appleton
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 6 10:59 AM
            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gille6565" <gille6565@...>
            wrote:

            I also strongly agree and that is one of the reasons that I sold my
            132mm (optics were great though). I am hoping that the 98mm scope is
            going to have an offer at extra $$ of course for the feathertouch
            focuser or moonlite??

            Chris Appleton

            > William
            >
            > Just one other thought - would it be possible to offer these scopes
            > with the option (at extra cost of course) of Feathertouch 3545
            > focusers? The one part of my FLT132 that I am not delighted with is
            > the focuser, while its a very good unit it does have its limitations
            > and I feel it does let down the scope a bit.
            >
            > regards
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
            > <williamoptics2004@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear Friends,
            > >
            > > I like to share this information to everyone who is interesting
            > > in high quality triplet air-spaced FPL53 APO ,that includes 158mm
            F7,
            > > 150mm F8 , 98mm F/6 APO, the specifications and pictures will be
            > > release very soon.(limited quantity)
            > > I will try to show both 158 and 98 at NEAF(NY) and ATT (Germany)
            > >
            > > Also the new sister of M72, M88 F5.6 FD will be ready to ship in
            May!

            > > (very good color correction for photography )
            > >

            > > Thank you.
            > >
            > > William Yang
            > > William Optics

          • Troy
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 6 5:07 PM
              Hi William
              When will you have more information on the M88 F5.6 FD.
              I have a FLT132 and wondering if the M88 would make for a nice imaging
              scope.

              Thanks
              Troy
              <williamoptics2004@...> wrote:

              > Dear Friends,
              >
              > I like to share this information to everyone who is interesting
              > in high quality triplet air-spaced FPL53 APO ,that includes 158mm F7,
              > 150mm F8 , 98mm F/6 APO, the specifications and pictures will be
              > release very soon.(limited quantity)
              > I will try to show both 158 and 98 at NEAF(NY) and ATT (Germany)
              >
              > Also the new sister of M72, M88 F5.6 FD will be ready to ship in May!
              >
              > (very good color correction for photography )
              >

              > Thank you.
              >
              > William Yang
              > William Optics

            • williamoptics2004
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 7 7:25 AM
                Hi Chris,

                New focuser will be on all 98,150 and 158 (big improved), many
                people already tried our new focuser on M102.

                Thank you for the feedback.

                William

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Appleton"
                <denturist89@...> wrote:

                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gille6565" <gille6565@>
                > wrote:
                >
                > I also strongly agree and that is one of the reasons that I sold
                my
                > 132mm (optics were great though). I am hoping that the 98mm scope
                is
                > going to have an offer at extra $$ of course for the feathertouch
                > focuser or moonlite??
                >
                > Chris Appleton
                >

                > > William
                > >
                > > Just one other thought - would it be possible to offer these
                scopes
                > > with the option (at extra cost of course) of Feathertouch 3545
                > > focusers? The one part of my FLT132 that I am not delighted
                with is
                > > the focuser, while its a very good unit it does have its
                limitations
                > > and I feel it does let down the scope a bit.
                > >
                > > regards
                > >
                > > Stephen
                > >

                > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
                > > <williamoptics2004@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Friends,
                > > >
                > > > I like to share this information to everyone who is
                interesting
                > > > in high quality triplet air-spaced FPL53 APO ,that includes
                158mm
                > F7,
                > > > 150mm F8 , 98mm F/6 APO, the specifications and pictures will
                be
                > > > release very soon.(limited quantity)
                > > > I will try to show both 158 and 98 at NEAF(NY) and ATT
                (Germany)

                > > > Also the new sister of M72, M88 F5.6 FD will be ready to ship
                in
                > May!
                > > >
                > > > (very good color correction for photography )
                > > >

                > > > Thank you.
                > > >
                > > > William Yang
                > > > William Optics

              • Dale Ghent
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 7 7:50 AM
                  On Apr 7, 2008, at 10:25 AM, williamoptics2004 wrote:
                  > Hi Chris,
                  >
                  > New focuser will be on all 98,150 and 158 (big improved), many
                  > people already tried our new focuser on M102.

                  Good to hear, William. Might the new focuser design also come in the
                  form of a retrofit kit for the M90 (which is what I have) and/or other
                  existing models?

                  /dale
                • Chris Appleton
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 7 8:12 AM
                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
                    <williamoptics2004@...> wrote:

                    Hi William

                    This sounds exciting and I am looking forward to seeing the new 98mm
                    with the new focuser. Is this focuser going to be a R&P or Crayford
                    type 10:1 focuser? I hope the optics will be fantastic like the 132mm
                    was FPL-53 glass? When will the 98mm be ready for sale?

                    Thanks again William for the info. I will not make it to NEAF this
                    year unfortunately.

                    Best regards,

                    Chris Appleton