(OT A Little?) Zenithstar 66ED Triplet Video

  • Matt Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hi All,

      A recent video project challenged amateur video makers to image one single object and make it interesting using fades, pans, & zooms. I shot one of my favorite things and did my best to free hand the video. Still need some practice being steady with the camera but thought William Optics fans might be interested in seeing the result. This video is shot in Hi-Def 24p 1080i, so the first time you play it depending on your connection speed it may stop and start a few times while the video loads, but if you play it a 2nd time it will play very smooth. Set your volume to hear the included original music, heres the video....

      Kind Regards,

      Matt

    • Chris Schroeder
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
        Nice job Matt, but how did you get all the finger prints off ;^)

        CS, Chris

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Taylor" <matttaylor@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > A recent video project challenged amateur video makers to image one
        single object and make it interesting using fades, pans, & zooms. I
        shot one of my favorite things and did my best to free hand the
        video. Still need some practice being steady with the camera but
        thought William Optics fans might be interested in seeing the result.
        This video is shot in Hi-Def 24p 1080i, so the first time you play it
        depending on your connection speed it may stop and start a few times
        while the video loads, but if you play it a 2nd time it will play
        very smooth. Set your volume to hear the included original music,
        heres the video....

        > http://www.vimeo.com/735609
        >
        > Kind Regards,
        >
        > Matt

      • Dan
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
          No doubt about it. The WO products are museum quality in fit and
          finish! Great job on the video I especially liked the opening and
          closing where you shot through the lense and focused on the WO logo on
          the rear dust cover.
          How great would it be if companies had their products shot on video
          like you did!
          Dan
          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > A recent video project challenged amateur video makers to image one
          single object and make it interesting using fades, pans, & zooms. I
          shot one of my favorite things and did my best to free hand the video.
          Still need some practice being steady with the camera but thought
          William Optics fans might be interested in seeing the result. This
          video is shot in Hi-Def 24p 1080i, so the first time you play it
          depending on your connection speed it may stop and start a few times
          while the video loads, but if you play it a 2nd time it will play very
          smooth. Set your volume to hear the included original music, heres the
          video....

          > http://www.vimeo.com/735609
          >
          > Kind Regards,
          >
          > Matt

        • Matt Taylor
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
            Thanks Dan & Chris!

            The finger prints, yea, that was an issue. A little glass cleaner did the trick, then I just had to be careful when moving the scope around. As you can tell from the video this was shot on a whim 5 minutes after reading about the project. No special lighting or props, and I didn't worry about reflections in the scope.

            I agree with you Dan, I think it would be great if vendors had video on the web of their top products. 2 or 3 minutes of video can make a big difference when it comes to making an informed purchasing choice.

            Thanks again!

            Matt