Re: [William Optics] Re: FLT 132 f/7 APO Refractor

  • Matt Taylor
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2008
      oops, my mistake, the large format Moonlite focuser DOES have the camera angle adjuster built in!!

      Matt

      From: "gille6565" <gille6565@yahoo. com.au>

      Howard

      Have a look at this thread on CN, which itself links to earlier review
      threads:

      http://www.cloudyni ghts.com/ ubbthreads/ showflat. php/Cat/0/ Number/2149289/ page/0/view/ collapsed/ sb/5/o/all/ fpart/1

      Generally I would give my FLT132 10/10 for optical quality, 10/10 for
      general build quality and 8/10 for the focuser - I marked down the
      focuser because while its very good it's not quite as good as say a
      Moonlight or Feathertouch, it can slip under heavy loads and I think
      there is a bit too much play in the fine focus. I'm still
      experimenting with adjusting the focuser though so I might be able to
      get it even better.

      Stephen

      --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, lazhow@... wrote:

      gt; Hi Stephen;
      > I am on the wait list for the WO FLT 132 MM scope and would really
      like to hear your thoughts and opinion on the scope. I cannot find any
      reviews and would appreciate your input.
      > Thanks
      > Howard
      > WO 110MM TMB
      > DM4
      > DSC
      > M7E---ordered
      > TSL5 Tripod---ordered

      > From: "gille6565" <gille6565@. ..>
      > This is a good option. The size and weight of refractors (OTA plus
      > mount) goes up dramatically with aperature.
      >
      > For example - my WO Megrez 90 is mounted on a camera alt-az mount and
      > I can carry the entire unit outside in one hand.
      >
      > But my FLT132 on EQ-6 can barely be lifted as one unit, and even then
      > you risk rupturing your back, and needs to be broken down into several
      > parts and assembled/dissemble d each time you use it.
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, lazhow@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Rich;
      > > I did not see that you considered the FLT 110MM TMB scope. Now at a
      > a focal 770MM you can get excellent magnification but more importantly
      > wonderful resolution. No it is not a 132MM but it weighs onlt 12 lbs
      > and a mount that can handle 20lbs would work very well....think it
      > over...check reviews .... Also you now have widened you choice of
      > mount and for less cash outlay.
      > > Howard
      > > FLT 110MM TMB
      > > DM4 mount
      > > Space Commander DSC

      &g t; > > several pounds of counterweights to achieve balance...