Used Megrez 80

  • Jeff <bluemoon737@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2003
      Hello all,

      New to the group here and I recently picked up a used Megrez. I must
      say the mechanical construction is top notch and equally as good as a
      TeleVue.

      Here's where I run into trouble. The scope does show some significant
      astigmatism and I was wondering if there was anything I could do
      about it? I know that the company monitors this group and I was
      hoping that something could be done to improve my optics. I realize
      it's a used scope, but it's one I would really like to keep for a
      very long time.

      Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks and clear skies,
      Jeff
    • danieldgj <danieldgj@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2003
        If you don't get a response from William Optics here, try submitting
        a question on their web site at William-Optics.com . You might title
        your question something like "Astigmatism in Megrez" to catch their
        attention regarding a possible product defect. I own a Megrez 80,
        and mine has no astigmatism that I can detect.

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff <bluemoon737@h...>"
        <bluemoon737@h...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > New to the group here and I recently picked up a used Megrez. I
        must
        > say the mechanical construction is top notch and equally as good as
        > TeleVue.
        >
        > Here's where I run into trouble. The scope does show some
        significant
        > astigmatism and I was wondering if there was anything I could do
        > about it? I know that the company monitors this group and I was
        > hoping that something could be done to improve my optics. I realize
        > it's a used scope, but it's one I would really like to keep for a
        > very long time.
        >
        > Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks and clear skies,
        > Jeff
      • Herb York
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2003
          If you want to call our shop and ask for Brian or Ray they can tell you how to fix it.
          800-850-2001.
          If you do what they tell you and it still has a problem it is defective and WO should replace it.
          Thanks
          Herb
          ATWB

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2003
            Hi Herb and Daniel,

            Thanks for the reply, but as I stated in a follow on post William
            Yang contacted me off-list and is taking care of my situation with
            first class service!!! The little exposure to William Optics I've had
            thus far has been exemplary. They've picked up a loyal customer with
            this kind of service.

            I will post a follow up after I get my lens/cell back from WO.

            Clear skies,
            Jeff

            Service.
          • William Yang