Finder scopes

  • gazzat20
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
      I have a 7x50 finder scope on my FLT-132 and find that it can be neck
      breaking exercise when trying to sight on any objects that are high in
      the sky.

      Has anyone found an right angle adapter that works with the 7x50 or a
      better finder scope for this purpose.

      GT
    • lazhow@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
        Hi GT
        Take a look at the Baader finders...I have the larger unit and it is simple and easy to use...you will not miss
        Can find at
        Good luck
        Howard

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
          Hi,

          I have the WO new style finder bracket and the Stellarvue 9x50 RACI
          finder with rotating back and like it a lot.

          Here's my rather long winded review...
          http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=585

          Timm

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gazzat20" <gt@...> wrote:

          > I have a 7x50 finder scope on my FLT-132 and find that it can be neck
          > breaking exercise when trying to sight on any objects that are high in
          > the sky.
          >
          > Has anyone found an right angle adapter that works with the 7x50 or a
          > better finder scope for this purpose.
          >
          > GT

        • gazzat20
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
            Thanks for the advice guys.

            I've gone with Timms recommendation and ordered the Stellarvue F50B2
            which fits nicely onto my WO quick release finder bracket.

            No more neck contortions while lining up the scope.

            Cheers
            Gary T

            -- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni" <t.bottoni@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I have the WO new style finder bracket and the Stellarvue 9x50 RACI
            > finder with rotating back and like it a lot.
            >
            > Here's my rather long winded review...
            > http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=585
            >
            > Timm
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gazzat20" <gt@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a 7x50 finder scope on my FLT-132 and find that it can be neck
            > > breaking exercise when trying to sight on any objects that are high in
            > > the sky.
            > >
            > > Has anyone found an right angle adapter that works with the 7x50 or a
            > > better finder scope for this purpose.
            > >
            > > GT

          • Chris Lord
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
              Timm,

              Most interesting, something to think about.

              Chris Lord