Re: WO zoom eyepiece

  • John Wall III
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
      William,

      I have had it out in 40deg. with no problem. It dosen't get very
      cold down here on the Texas Gulf Coast.

      JVWIII

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07"
      <w.stanley07@...> wrote:

      > > I just sold the old ver#1 Zoom EP because the new one blows it
      away
      > > IMHO. It seems to be wider, flatter, brighter, and smoother to
      me!
      > > That's not an expert opinion, just my view. I guess you can tell
      > > really like it.
      >

      > > Hello John Wall III
      > >

      > Some people are apparently having trouble with the new WO zoom
      during
      > sub zero temperatures. Have you used your zoom e/p during cold
      weather?

      > William S.

    • William Roy Penney
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2007
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "John Wall III" <jvwall3@...>
        wrote:

        > William,
        >
        > I have had it out in 40deg. with no problem. It dosen't get very
        > cold down here on the Texas Gulf Coast.
        >
        > JVWIII
        >

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "w.stanley07"
        > <w.stanley07@> wrote:

        Hi Guys,
        I have been offline for awile. Thanks for the replies. Zoom eyepieces
        seem relatively expensive and I wonder if they perform to the "level"
        of their price.
        Regards, William
      • John Wall III
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2007
          William,

          This is an add for the Proxima Zoom from Hands-On-Optic's( same as
          the old WO Zoom EP)as follows---

          [[[PROXZOOM IDENTICAL TO THE WILLIAMS OPTICS ZOOM. The New Proxima
          8mm to 24mm zoom has all you need, 20mm of eye relief. ,Adjustable,
          screw up eyecup full multi-coating, safety grip ring. Apparent field
          ranges from 40° at 24mm to 60° at 8mm

          New Proxima Zoom Eyepiece from Hands on Optics. A standard 1.25" , 8-
          24mm with extraordinary contrast and resolution. We have tested it
          with everything from 5" APOs to 4" reflectors and it is excellent.
          Outperforms the current Televue/Vixen/Meade/Celestron Zoom at high
          powers at ½ the cost. Remarkable center of field contrast and
          resolution that rivels the best known planetary eyepiece. Money back
          guarantee. The field of view is 67 degrees at 8mm to 40 degrees at
          24mm. Comes with a screw up hard rubber eyecup, like a Pentax
          eyepiece and fitted in a StarDust screw down case. 2 year
          warranty.]]]

          The new one is better. Ohter than some Abbe Ortho's my best EP set
          is Meade QX 4000, so this is the foundation of my judgment.

          CS, JVWIII

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "William Roy Penney"